A couple issues after today's MeTweets app update

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Today, MeTweets (a Twitter app) was updated. When checking my timeline earlier today, an image in the timeline was stuck trying to load. Where the image was supposed to be, there was a spinning circle and the message "loading". The image would not load and the spinning circle would not go away. Tried closing and reopening the app. The spinning circle was still there. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. The spinning circle was still there. It just wouldn't stop trying to load that image. Finally had to unfollow the person who tweeted it, in order to get rid of the tweet altogether. All the other inline images loaded OK. Really strange.

I also noticed that my phone is getting extremely hot when using the app now. I never had this problem before today's update. It would get warm, but never as hot as it's gotten today. We'll see if it resolves itself.

I've already tweeted the developer about these issues and to find out what changed in today's update. Any other MeTweets users experiencing these or other problems after today's update (8/29/13, version 2.2.0.0)?

txscot_98

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Same thing here but just happened the one time last night. The non loading picture in question for me was actually tweeted by our EIC Mr. Daniel Rubino himself. I'm sure developer will respond, he always does. I'm just going to chalk it up to a one time experience but if it happens more frequently will also contact developer. Could be the picture was high MP and MeTweets couldn't handle.

No problem at all with phone (920, AT&T) getting hot.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Same thing here but just happened the one time last night. The non loading picture in question for me was actually tweeted by our EIC Mr. Daniel Rubino himself. I'm sure developer will respond, he always does. I'm just going to chalk it up to a one time experience but if it happens more frequently will also contact developer. Could be the picture was high MP and MeTweets couldn't handle.

No problem at all with phone (920, AT&T) getting hot.

Yep, the non-loading picture for me was the same one you mentioned (tweeted by Daniel Rubino). Haven't had any issues with pictures today, so it must have been isolated to just that photo.

I too have a 920 from AT&T. My phone is still getting pretty warm with just a few minutes of using MeTweets, though not as hot as yesterday. I guess it's OK. Still haven't heard back from the developer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte