At Bat 13 errors?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing....

"An initialization error has occurred. Please verify phone date and try again." error with At Bat 13? Just started popping up tonight... I've uninstalled/reinstalled it, turned phone off, cleared my 'other' storage with the Storage Check app from Nokia... still getting it...

Won't let me enter the app at all.

jinfluence

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Pacific time zone here. Tried changing the hours first - tried 1, 2, and 3 hours earlier and it didn't work. So, I tried the date and worked like a charm. I've since changed the date back and its broken again. Hope they fix it soon - but I'll just try to remember that 8/29 works for me so far.

Matt Sharp

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same problem. I will try tinkering with my date/time. Hopefully they fix it quickly.

Edit: Rolling the date back one day to 8/30 has fixed the issue, however tenuously, for the time being. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:

generaldusty

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Setting the date back one day worked for me as well. Not sure if it's a time zone issue, but if it is it might help someone to know I'm in Europe.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Setting the date back 1 day helped me as well. I'm in the Eastern Time Zone (Michigan to be exact).

A crude workaround but definitely not ideal... Not sure what 'broke' as I don't believe there has been an update recently...

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Having the same problem. I'm in Arizona, a time zone of our own since we don't jump or fall time wise. Must be a systemic problem with the program.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I noticed it this morning. I'm not changing the time on my phone... they should have to fix the app.

Yes they should have to fix the app, but who is "they?" As far as I know the app didn't receive an update, so it shouldn't be MLB. But then, I doubt whether the WP OS changed dates and/or time any different than it did before, so it shouldn't be Microsoft. So what broke?

Today we spent a few hours on the road, and my son wanted to watch baseball. He opened the app and got the error message. Thanks to the info from this thread, I knew enough to set the date to yesterday. The app worked perfectly.

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes they should have to fix the app, but who is "they?" As far as I know the app didn't receive an update, so it shouldn't be MLB. But then, I doubt whether the WP OS changed dates and/or time any different than it did before, so it shouldn't be Microsoft. So what broke?

I would think the problem is on the app host-side.

nijpep

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Problem with MLB At Bat app

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 with the latest Amber update Installed.

When I try to open the MLB At Bat app I get the following message:

An initialization error has occurred. Please verify phone date and try again.

I have tried all the following:

- reset my phone
- re-installing the app
- reset my date & time settings, although is and was set at automatic so can't imagine anything would be wrong there.

Does anybody else have this problem? If so were you able to fix it?

Thank you for your help.

Askuderian

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problem with MLB At Bat app

It's not your fault - if you look into the comments in the US windows phone 8 shop, it's full of complains that the App stopped working starting September 1. I guess the messed up the limited time for free offer.
Just hope they going to fix it quickly, it's already September �� ...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, it's a app problem, not a phone problem, look over the feedback in the store, you see tons of people with the same issue... Go into the app on the store, report to Microsoft, select a performance problem.

If MS gets a bunch of these, they will check it out and this issue could get resolved sooner...

I use this app all the time, so I need it fixed like yesterday (btw, Diehard Red Sox fan)

Todd Dame

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I just reported this as well. Everybody report this. Embarrassed having to ask to use my daughters #phone becasue my phone won't initialize!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb