Instagram Hashtag Issue

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The v2 beta does have the necessary code, so should be OK - at least according to the developer. Problem is that it's seen as a different app so won't solve the issue we're having with v1. We'll have to wait until the official v2 release for that (Yes, I'm experiencing the same issue - posts don't appear in hashtag searches).

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
how about using instance v2 beta? anyone here who's beta testing instance?

like i said, re -read the thread and the answers above. I was using Intance V2 Beta. It made no difference to the issue. I seems when the final version goes live, signing in and then out of that app-followed by a wait- may well address this problem. The V1 instance and V2 are two different apps, not an evolution in the traditional sense.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an idea for you peeps having the hashtag issue: log out from, and uninstall, every Instagram client on your phone. Then download and install Hipstamatic Oggl from the Store. Connect it to your Instagram account. Post a picture with hashtags. Disconnect Oggl from Instagram, uninstall it, and repeat the process.

That's what worked for me.

I think it worked because Oggl is an official app as far as Instagram is concerned.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have an idea for you peeps having the hashtag issue: log out from, and uninstall, every Instagram client on your phone. Then download and install Hipstamatic Oggl from the Store. Connect it to your Instagram account. Post a picture with hashtags. Disconnect Oggl from Instagram, uninstall it, and repeat the process.

I think it worked because Oggl is an official app as far as Instagram is concerned.

doesnt seem to work for me, il try again now

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

when you say 'repeat the process' do you mean the procedure you describe using Oggl or repeat using your chosen IG app, in my case 6tag?

edit: tried this solution and it did not work sadly. The pic posted from Oggl and was there in my feed as expected but, no dice from the hashtags, not even the auto generated hashtags that Oggle tags your pics with upon posting. Still flagged i guess. BS!!!

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
but having official apps don't matter. i gave up on the hashtag issue, and will just have to deal with my followers seeing my stuff :)

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Having official apps shouldn't matter. But an official app is the only app you can 100% completely trust to properly implement Instagram's API, and to not get marked as suspicious by Instagram out of sheer petulance.

I don't know what else to tell you all... I've used Instance V1, Instance V2 beta, InPic, and 6tag, and I have no problems with my hashtags. Maybe you should start reaching out to Instagram themselves?

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I cant tell if the problem is accross the board as far as WP Instagram fans go. Obviously, you are lucky. I suspect that perhaps i was just signed in to the wrong app at the wrong time when IG re vamped their security policy and hence, became flagged. I believe Instance V1 is to blame-an app that stopped working fluidly within a few weeks of its launch (no notifications whatsoever) which sadly, left me unsurprised when i learned that the app had left an aspect of its own security particularly vunerable.

I am aware all IG apps suffered at the hands of Instagram's change of policy, but its disappointing there is a lack of official procedure for this. Some have functionality restored, others dont. I dont believe Instagram will be in anyway keen to help with this. I just wish it was a bigger story. Am i losing perspective lol?!

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just deleted old account and started new, hashtags work with 6tag, #imightgohashtagcrazynow :)

See, i could do this but there is no guarantee that my or anyone elses account wont become flagged by Ig tweaking again. I would be mighty pissed off to create another account, repopulate with my followers, and then have this happen again.

I cant believe there isn't more publicity about this issue for those early adopters who have been shafted by this.

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
True, but it's a 100% certainty they won't help at all if nothing is said.

Why would instagram help? Apps have illegally reversed engineered their entire private API (in Rudy's case with 6tagram even used the same filters), and for now Instagram is basically saying let them have their fun on Windows Phone. I use it as right now it is our best option, but expecting anything except contempt from Instagram is pretty naive.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why would instagram help? Apps have illegally reversed engineered their entire private API (in Rudy's case with 6tagram even used the same filters), and for now Instagram is basically saying let them have their fun on Windows Phone. I use it as right now it is our best option, but expecting anything except contempt from Instagram is pretty naive.

First off, not all apps have reverse engineered their API. Oggl, for instance, is an official Instagram app.

Secondly, na?ve or not, sitting around WPC forums and whinging is guaranteed to get absolutely NOTHING done about this issue. However, there is a chance that if you approach Instagram as an Oggl user and tell them the problem, they might be able to flip the switch shuts down hashtags on a given account.

So you can sit here and pout and say I'm na?ve, or you can start rattling cages on the off chance it gets your account fixed. Either way, I don't care; this issue doesn't affect me, I'm just trying to help people who it does affect.

iboypx

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I used Metrogram and Instance in WP8 and InstaPic in Windows 8 before using 6tag. I immediately logged out from all 3rd party apps after heard about the issue and installed & using 6tag without waiting for 7 days. Is it too late for waiting for 7 days & get hash tag work again? How can I find whether 3rd party apps are disconnected or still connected from IG account?

rynthnyltrr

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
nope. been there done that. i gave up on this issue. i already deleted my account and created a new account. now my hashtags are working! i'm using 6tag.
someone told me that changing the password might help disconnecting from 3rd party apps... is it true?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99