Good nutrition tracker app?

chocolateyum

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good nutrition tracker app? I want to type in the foods I eat each day and check to see if I'm getting all the vitamins/nutrition I'm supposed to be getting (or if my diet leaves me lacking in certain nutrients).

Prefer free app but will pay if have to. Thanks.

MolzMPH

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I really like MyFitnessPal, too. I've been using it for a little over a month and it's the app that a lot of nutrition-related behavioral interventions use (I'm in healthcare research, fyi). Ultimately, the best one is the easiest one for you to stick with. Good luck!!

chocolateyum

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Boy I'm impressed with the variety of foods Myfitnesspal has. Wish it tracked a few more vitamins like D but oh well, good enough.

Thanks guys.

Varjohaltia

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Is Myfitnesspal working for you? I used it on a previous phone platform and happily installed it on my new Lumia 521, but it always hangs when trying to add an entry to the diary. Judging by their support forums that's a pretty wide-spread problem on WP8.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of MyFitnessPal. If you use the app make sure to hit the three dots at the bottom and select "pin daily summary" and then under the "diary" tab, when you hit the + to add entry, hit the three dots at the bottom again and hit "pin to start". The first gives you a great, informative live tile, and the second gives you another tile for quick access to adding food and exercise. Also, if you use a Fitbit you can connect it to MyFitnessPal and, when you sync your Fitbit (with another device, unfortunately not WP8 yet) it will sync to the app.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for Bing Health & Fitness to come to WP8. That, I think, will destroy the competition, especially if data can be synced to your other device.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed, while using the app you better NOT

- switch to another app (looses connection)
- switch connectivity during a session 3G<->wi-fi (screws it up)
- use it on slow connectivity at all

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I noticed, while using the app you better NOT

- switch to another app (looses connection)
- switch connectivity during a session 3G<->wi-fi (screws it up)
- use it on slow connectivity at all

I've noticed that with MFP on iOS also. It may be something going on at the server end. With all it's bugginess it's still the best option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos