BBM for windows phone 8 ? raise your voices !

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
i was cheeking the news when i found that RIM ( Blackberry ) has made it official that BBM app will be available for android and iOS in 21 and 22nd of September respectively. and i was thinking of how GREAT it would be to have such a great app on WP, maybe just because i'm a previous BB user ... But i really think that BBM is the best messaging apps I've ever used. think about it you won't need WA, KIK, Viber anymore, just one app to rule them all.

Do you think BBM should lunch on WP ? Or you think that the app is out of the game already .. lets hear what you think about it

Attachments

• screen-shot-2013-09-17-at-5-53-15-pm.png
    screen-shot-2013-09-17-at-5-53-15-pm.png
    140.5 KB · Views: 649

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Personally I don't want for bbm at all, i find the wp messaging app to be more than enough. To be fair though, ive never used bbm, so i might be missing a trick.

I think the only way we will see a wp bbm app is if blackberry stop making phones, or bbm becomes a different company.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I worked for RIM and it's the one feature I miss about BB and it's really hard to explain what makes it stand out above the rest and sms to someone who has never used it BUT Microsoft should have stumped RIM and BBM years ago with Messenger and now with Skype.

whatsapp is rancid on WP so I don't even consider it

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm fine with icq...viber and line are great additions too, seriously... what beats free messaging and calls.

don't need all the fancy stuff bbm may offer...I'm happy with what I got already.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Seriously guys don't be fanboys. BBM is future of messaging not whatsapp. I might switch because of unavailibility of BBM

I don't have a problem with BBM coming to the platform, I just don't see the need for it, we have so many choices already. I'm not going to suddenly think, I must use BBM when I need to IM my BB colleages. How is it the future exactly? Right now, BB need an audience more than we need BB.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Seriously guys don't be fanboys. BBM is future of messaging not whatsapp. I might switch because of unavailibility of BBM

I admire your enthusiasm for BBM...they need it, but what makes BBM so good anyway, what features does it have that what's app does not ? or rather how is it better than what's app ?...do tell :smile:

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
i was cheeking the news when i found that RIM ( Blackberry ) has made it official that BBM app will be available for android and iOS in 21 and 22nd of September respectively. and i was thinking of how GREAT it would be to have such a great app on WP, maybe just because i'm a previous BB user ... But i really think that BBM is the best messaging apps I've ever used. think about it you won't need WA, KIK, Viber anymore, just one app to rule them all.

Do you think BBM should lunch on WP ? Or you think that the app is out of the game already .. lets hear what you think about it

viber ?...can you make free VoIP calls with BBM ? (viber can both send free messages and call)

I'm not against your opinion, I have never used BBM...I just want to know what makes it so great and far better than the competition ?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The biggest issue for BBM before was that it was tied to your device and not your username. I always felt it was a hassle if you changed your device and you had to let everybody know what your BBM is.

I would rather have immessage on my windows phone. It is a better service IMHO.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
The biggest issue for BBM before was that it was tied to your device and not your username. I always felt it was a hassle if you changed your device and you had to let everybody know what your BBM is.

I would rather have immessage on my windows phone. It is a better service IMHO.
No not really... each Blackberry has a PIN that is unique BUT where blackberry over excelled was being able to do full back ups using desktop manager then restoring the backup on your next/new device. could do a full restore of everything including all the altered settings OR just restore certain parts like BBM setting, groups contacts.

also can back up and restore using your primary email address and a few years back RIM then created Blackberry ID which would carry over your BBM contacts/settings.

you are right about BBM being tied to the device/PIN.

anyway I miss BBM butttt I would love for Microsoft to put a bigger push with Skype and have no doubts it's coming down the pipeline.

add group chat, Read and Deliver marks and show the person typing feature and I'd say its golden

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)