HTC One makes me want to switch to Android

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
My father just bought a HTC One. Phone is beatifuly designed, has gorgeus Full HD screen and a wonderful sound (Beats Audio). Thanks to the powerful hardware Android just flys, works with no problems at all giving me a superb YouTube experience and Chrome for web browsing (Flash!). I really like my Lumia 920, but the lack of apps is killing me. May just buy HTC One for myself...

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
It's a wonderful phone and Android itself is not as horrible, as I remeber it. As a matter a fact, the experience is great.

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I love my windows phone. But if it didn't exist I would probably be getting the HTC One. That phone is gorgeous.

same, if windows phone DIDN'T exist I'd probably go for a S4. Glad Nokia stepped their game up for WP8 and can't wait to see what they have in store for the future (next November, when I upgrade)

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
My friend has one, its very beautiful and fast i grant you that
But its still android and i couldnt use his phone very long before getting annoyed

The apps used to bother me, but i got 90% of the apps/games i need and most of my games i never play anyone [even on android and iOS]

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Ya I don't know but I've got a few buddies with the latest HTC One and it lags at times, even worse than Samsung devices at times. I do think the UI is very nice, unique and bright. However, the lag and spotty HW would keep me away.

Again this is my opinion and experiences of users around me. If you prefer it over your WP8 maybe its time to switch.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Ya I don't know but I've got a few buddies with the latest HTC One and it lags at times, even worse than Samsung devices at times. I do think the UI is very nice, unique and bright. However, the lag and spotty HW would keep me away.

Again this is my opinion and experiences of users around me. If you prefer it over your WP8 maybe its time to switch.
From all the androids skins, the HTC One's is the best looking even better then ****sung

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I actually agree with the OP. Chances are, OEM loyalty and price aside, I'd be slugging it out with a One. That phone is a few thousand feet above regular Android phones when it came to the effort in designing it.

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
It's not just the looks for the HTC One...the speakers are amazing. I have an HTC One and a Lumia 1020. Love my 1020 for pictures and live tiles. Love the HTC One for listening to music and podcasts on. I'm too far down the wireless charging rabbit hole with my Lumia to even think of going back full-time to my HTC One. I love my Nokia wireless car charging dock. It attaches perfectly to my car with some crazy sticky suction cup kind of thing that leaves no trace of stickiness behind when I move it between cars.

I've never had any lag on my HTC One. I have however had my Lumia 1020 lock up, have the proximity sensor stop working until reboot, volume control go up and down but not actually affect volume until reboot, video "start recording" but not actually kick the timer into gear until reboot, and my accelerometer is off by a couple of degrees (makes my Temple Run that much harder). Other than that, the 1020 is amazing...I guess I just really like the camera! :) I'm waiting until the phone has been out longer to get it replaced so I can get a different build.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree the HTC One is beautiful. that's why I'm waiting for the Windows phone's variant of the HTC one :D

HTC Harmony here I come! :)

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
After the 3GS and the 4S my wife was tired of IOS and wanted to switch to a different platform. She likes my 920 but being an app junkie she didn't find most of the games that she plays on her iPhone so I suggested she try Android.

Last week I took her down to BestBuy and got her a black HTC One and she hasn't put it down unless she was sleeping. She absolutely loves the phone and to be honest..so am I. The phone has such a fantastic premium feel and look like every review I've read.

I was looking into getting a One Max with the 6in screen for myself but found that the internals was identical to the One, which is a bummer compared to the Note 3 with the snapdragon 800, adreno 330 and 3gb of ram. Hopefully HTC changes the internals close to launch time if it's going to compete with the Note 3.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My father just bought a HTC One. Phone is beatifuly designed, has gorgeus Full HD screen and a wonderful sound (Beats Audio). Thanks to the powerful hardware Android just flys, works with no problems at all giving me a superb YouTube experience and Chrome for web browsing (Flash!). I really like my Lumia 920, but the lack of apps is killing me. May just buy HTC One for myself...

I know what you mean about the HTC One. Of all the android phones, that is the only design that intrigues me. I'm not ready to abandon Windows phone any time soon, but this one tugs at me.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Everyone has their own opinion and to be honest, after experiencing different platforms, I stopped bashing those I don't use. All have pros and cons. The Htc One is very nice. If you like it, go for it. Won't say things like android s*cks or android lags because there really are devices that are decent. I switch between wp and android myself. Regarding the One though, just look out for this issue about purple tint with the camera. A couple of friends have this and after some updates it's still persistent. Other than that, it's a beautiful device

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Design is sexy - check
Hardware is top notch - check
HD screen - check
OS smoothness - wait for 3 weeks and see it start to lag, not yet checked

If you are extremely keen to jump for HTC One, I suggest you wait for 3 good weeks, let your dad use the phone and see the phone's smoothness after 3 weeks :).

Am assuming he uses the phone regularly, installs apps and things rather than once a day to make a few calls.

There are beautiful looking devices some manufacturers make, some are
-Xperia T/S
-HTC One X
-HTC One

but they take a beating when it comes to OS, the OS acts like a hook attached to a drag car on one end and a fat pillar on another, if you know what I mean

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to see an HTC handset that didn't drastically start to fall apart after about 13 months. This is going way back to WinMo days, all the way up to some DInc2's we had at work. After that, I swore off HTC devices for anyone, even someone I don't like.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Just google "htc one lag", period.
Am not saying htc one is pants, but if you expect it to be blazing fast with time, you are miles away from reality.
Thanks to the sticky glue OS, it'll sometimes show signs of lag.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers