Had to Delete "Purchased" App; Now it's Charging to Re-Download (Splashtop)

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I "bought" Splashtop when it was free for Windows Phone 8 in August. I thought that when you bought a license you were able to own the app forever. However, I had to uninstall the app. Now I'm trying to re-install it and it says I have to pay $5. What's the deal? I noticed they changed the name from Splashtop 2 to Splashtop Personal and that the old app isn't in the store. Can they do that?

UPDATE: Even though it says I have to buy it again, when redownloading it I click "buy" it takes me to a page that says "You already bought this. Would you like to reinstall it again?", allowing me to reinstall it for free.

Last edited:

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I "bought" Splashtop when it was free for Windows Phone 8 in August. I thought that when you bought a license you were able to own the app forever. However, I had to uninstall the app. Now I'm trying to re-install it and it says I have to pay $5. What's the deal? I noticed they changed the name from Splashtop 2 to Splashtop Personal and that the old app isn't in the store. Can they do that?

Same thing happened to me for sonic cd when it was free. My 920 had a problem, so I replaced it but then they charged my for it since the free deal was off. I would contact Microsoft to see what they can do, I think that it's a glitch in the system

Also it was first called Splashtop 2 then a update renamed it to Splashtop Personal

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
simple answer is yes they can, i have paid for apps before like sky mobile then it was taken off and rebranded and then was a free app for everyone. Apps come and go and get changed and there is nothing you can do about it swapchat is another paid for it now its no longer available.

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, I dont know if it's an error or by design but you need to go on the windows phone store website on your Computer or whatever to get the desktop website and sign in. From there you can look at all your purchased apps, they will download automatically onto your phone.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, I dont know if it's an error or by design but you need to go on the windows phone store website on your Computer or whatever to get the desktop website and sign in. From there you can look at all your purchased apps, they will download automatically onto your phone.

I found my entire transaction history here: https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/my/purchase-history
It has a reinstall option, as you said, but when I clicked on it for Splashtop Personal it gives the following error: "We can't send apps to your phone right now. Please try again later." It seems to me that Splashtop removed their old app (Splasthop 2), which I had a 'purchases' license for, relabeled it Splashtop Personal and then required everyone who uninstalled the previous version to purchase it. Eff that. The only reason I was using it was for the "wake from sleep" feature. Does TeamViewer have that option?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro