Taken for granted (a comparison of WP8's advantages over iOS7)

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I got my first WP a year ago, and to be honest, looking back on it I don't feel I would've missed anything if I wouldn't have had WP. I keep waiting, anticipating the breakthrough, thinking it's just around the corner. So far that hasn't materialized. I expect it'll be at least the middle of 2014 until WP 8.1 is released to the public, or at least until we see it on our carrier branded phones.

WP 8.1 should be out before mid 2014. Plus with MS closing the Nokia deal and WP finally getting market traction, I think 2014 is going to be a very good one for WP owners.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
WP 8.1 should be out before mid 2014. Plus with MS closing the Nokia deal and WP finally getting market traction, I think 2014 is going to be a very good one for WP owners.

I think too that 2014 will be a good year for WP, but referring to your comment about "kicking yourself for missing a year" I don't think that's the case. 8.1 is the next hope WP has to become relevant, and it'll be around 6 months until it's officially rolled out to WPs, give or take. So he'd be missing at most half a year. And it'll probably be another few months until the bugs are worked out. So he's missing nothing in the next year.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
When you look back through this thread, and see how many of the "missing" apps are now on WP8 (Vine, Instagram, Mint, Temple Run 2, Subway Surfers, etc...), I think one has to be blind to not see that WP8's app selection (now over 200k) is growing rapidly, and the name apps are hitting. I think we are going to see some big things in 2014 concerning WP. Little things like a quick drop down for settings, notification center for those who need, separate volume controls, etc... will add up quickly. if Verizon gets that 929 out, I think you will see a big uptick in WP users on that carrier. Release a similar type of phone worldwide, and you will have a big hit.

One thing is for sure, despite what a lot of fanboys want to think, the reality is that, in the US, the market is driven by "the in thing". The iPhone has been that item for the past few years, and the Galaxy line recently became that. If the Lumia line manages to become the cool thing to have, that, and that alone, will be what breaks WP out of the 3rd spot and push it into 2nd in the US. I think the iPhone is ripe for the picking as it has simply become stale, and I'm noticing a lot of iPhone users aren't as big on their phones as they used to be. I wouldn't be surprised if, by the end of 2014, WP hasn't surpassed the iPhone in all major markets outside of the US. But, as with anything, I think people should find which one works best for their usage and use that one. Stop being sheep and figure which phone is best for you.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
WP8's advantages over iOS7? Really only one and that is price. I can buy a 520 for $60, a 521 for $70, a 920 for $100, etc. Cheap prices always win.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
WP8's advantages over iOS7? Really only one and that is price. I can buy a 520 for $60, a 521 for $70, a 920 for $100, etc. Cheap prices always win.

Yes, price is about the only advantage, but it's a big enough advantage to supercede all others!

Binoya Mathews

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Add to this the fact that WP is still busy playing catch up with the competition in terms of features of the OS. WP8.1 is rumoured to have a notification center ,quick settings , support for installing apps on SD card and Cortana . Why didn`t they introduce these features in the first place with WP8?and having a 2 year release cycle is BS unless you are contend with the third place in mobile, which for the moment at least they seem to be.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers