Words with Friends - Security Warning

riquejohnson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone seen this when starting Words with Friends on their Lumia 928?
edit--
I tried attaching a picture of my screen...guess that did not work. so here is what the screen says:
-----------------------
Success
SECURITY WARNING: Please treat the URL above as you would your password and do not share it with anyone.
---------------------------
Anyone ever see this?

Last edited:

Jim McIntosh

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I've been getting the same thing.

After this, I noticed on Facebook that I had an alert to accept the login. But when I did, it told me already done.
Words is left in the security warning.

This started a couple of days ago.

Renita Michelle

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Every time I try to login and play Words With Friends, a Security Warning message pops up. The warning says, "Please treat the URL above as you would your password and do not share it with anyone." I have no idea what this is suppose to mean, and I have no way of playing my opponents because I cannot login without that security warning popping up.

Winger67

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Got it too. I thought it was just me since I reset and restored my 928 at the same time. During that time I went back to my Trophy for a day and Words was working on that. It wasn't for months.

rangerdogy

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here on a 920. Based on the reviews on the Marketplace, it's cropped up over the last couple days.

Over the last couple days, I had to open it two or three times to get it to work each time. Finally today, it locked up the phone and required a phone restart. When it did that, it required a new sign on to Facebook, which killed it.

Pulled out my old Samsung Focus and it has the same problem.

The code quality of this game S-U-C-K-S !

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I've just started to get this failure, seems to be only Facebook side. Using email login and game works.
I've resorted to using "Angry Words" which is similar in style, but without the turn notifications on tile.

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I found the fix for this. Log into your Facebook account on your PC. Go to the app center and click the link on the left column that says My apps.
Find Words with Friends, click on it, and remove it from your account.
Load WWF on your phone. It should ask you to re log in through Facebook. Go through the permission boxes and it should work.
I did this last night and now WWF is working fine again.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So did they ever make this application work semi-well? Last I checked, it was rated at something like 1.5 or 2.5 stars, with LOADS of folks complaining about crashing and such.

rangerdogy

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So did they ever make this application work semi-well? Last I checked, it was rated at something like 1.5 or 2.5 stars, with LOADS of folks complaining about crashing and such.

No, it is still by far the worst app I have seen as far as stability goes. Crashes itself frequently and locks up the whole phone about once a week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon