Bing Weather

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to have the Bing Weather Live Tile update based on your current location? It only seems to update based on the city that you pinned the tile. I have the launch location set to current location and permissions on for location services and live tiles.

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
[rant]

I still hate Bing Weather for the following reasons:

1. Killed all my live tiles just like it's predecessor (and it took one week after uninstalling it for my phone to "settle down" and start updating tiles properly again--just like last time)
2. Live Tiles don't report the "Feels Like" temperature. It's not always dry and still, so this statistic is important when dressing for the outdoors.
3. After killing all my other live tiles, Bing Weather's OWN live tile stops updating. Rubbish!

[/rant]

For the above reasons, I'm sticking with Accuweather. At least it does what it's supposed to!

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to have the Bing Weather Live Tile update based on your current location? It only seems to update based on the city that you pinned the tile. I have the launch location set to current location and permissions on for location services and live tiles.

It does update based on current location for me. Perhaps you pinned a location to your start screen and not the main app itself. Did you originally pin from within the app (ie. after opening the app)? Try removing the tile from your start, swipe to your list of apps, long press Bing Weather and select pin to start.

Pedpole

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I updated this app my it will not show current location and the live tile doesn't update. I have to open the app to get it to update. Another issue is when the app is set to use current location it gives me weather for the nearest ski resort instead of my location. I haven't found a way to eliminate the ski resorts from showing up. I have tried unpinning and repinning to the start menu, uninstall and reinstall and nothing seems to get it to work like it did before the update. I really liked the app before the update, but now I have to look for a new weather app that will update the live tile and use current location. It is frustrating when I really am a big fan of the windows phone.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It does update based on current location for me. Perhaps you pinned a location to your start screen and not the main app itself. Did you originally pin from within the app (ie. after opening the app)? Try removing the tile from your start, swipe to your list of apps, long press Bing Weather and select pin to start.
Hmm, yes, I believe I must have pinned a location rather than the app itself. I'll try the app and see what happens when I return home today! Thanks!!

Bernd Vantyghem

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Is it still possible to pin your GPS location tile to the homescreen? Mine doesn't change to the current location. In the past this worked.
Lockscreen GPS location works. Has anyone else this issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077