Recommendations for best fuel tracking app

mmarksx19

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Getting used to my Lumia 920 after having used Android for a number of years.
One app I loved on Android was aCar, a fuel tracking app.

I am looking for recommendations for the best of breed on WP8.

It needs to handle UK units (buy petrol by the litre, track distance by miles and calculate MPG (imperial).
Needs to handle fill ups that do not fill the tank and also missed fill ups.

Would like to have the option to enter fuel source (where etc.) so I can track any issues with poor fuel or poor servicing.

Also, I really want to back my data up or export it so if I lose my phone, my data is safe.

Thanks all.

Michael

mmarksx19

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
thanks, I just had a look at My Car but it doesn't seem to support missed fill ups which would completely destroy my stats.

Michael

mmarksx19

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. Neither Total Fuel or MPG Tracker allow for 'missed fillups'. This is critical for me as, if I lose a receipt or forget an entry, my stats will be completely wrong.

Michael

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
you could try any of those suggested then email the developer for your needs. that's something i did with My Car because I remember before it didn't support the mpg or kpl reading but a simple email and the next update the dev made it happen

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I am using both Hypermile and Car Journal for fuel tracking. I also use Change Your Oil for other car measurements. I will use all three for 6-9 months and decide which I am staying with. As stated, sometimes sending a message to the developer can get wants in future releases IF the developer is still actively supporting the app.

Good luck!

mmarksx19

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Excellent! I looked at fuelly and created an account, it does seem to do what I want but is a bit awkward having to use a web browser on the move. Does your app support the full entry and displaying of stats?

Michael

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, full log book view is there, as well as quick stats. All options during fuel up are present as well. Also, when you fuel up with the app, it will tell you what your fuel mileage was.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs