So we're gonna have to wait longer for Snapchat........?

MattOutOfHell

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Probably not this iteration, it's a bit cheeky though. Someone makes an app that needs a specific function and rather than programmatically or otherwise finding a workaround they ask to change the platform itself. I would be surprised if this feature even came in 8.1.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Probably not this iteration, it's a bit cheeky though. Someone makes an app that needs a specific function and rather than programmatically or otherwise finding a workaround they ask to change the platform itself. I would be surprised if this feature even came in 8.1.

+920
They could've at least made a screenshot button overtop of the picture

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com

The problem I don't think there is a valid work around. Screenshot notifications are central to the whole idea of snapchat, without that functionality they can't release a WP app. I'm almost positive MS will add it in 8.1. Snapchat is a popular enough app that people would think twice about using WP if it isn't available. Similar to Instagram.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The problem I don't think there is a valid work around. Screenshot notifications are central to the whole idea of snapchat, without that functionality they can't release a WP app. I'm almost positive MS will add it in 8.1. Snapchat is a popular enough app that people would think twice about using WP if it isn't available. Similar to Instagram.

I'd imagine it would come with 8.1. With the rumor of a notification center, I'd imagine Microsoft would vastly improve the way notifications work with everything and realize that live tiles can't do everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss