Google's comments after share price all time high

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
"We are closing in on our goal of a beautiful, simple, and intuitive experience. Regardless of your device you'll continue to experience lags, we'll never make the Android a Polished or Lag free Experience. Once we do, our shares will start falling, don't argue, look at our competitor. Deal with it!

My comments in red, and I believe it is a fact.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
"We are closing in on our goal of a beautiful, simple, and intuitive experience. Regardless of your device you'll continue to experience lags, we'll never make the Android a Polished or Lag free Experience. Once we do, our shares will start falling, don't argue, look at our competitor. Deal with it!

My comments in red, and I believe it is a fact.

Sorry, but you believing in something does not make it a fact.

It's true that any non-premium Android device is a lagfest, but it has more pure functionality than the most expensive WP8 phone. That is a fact. And, the experiences on e.g. the HTC One or Moto X are pretty damn polished.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but you believing in something does not make it a fact.

It's true that any non-premium Android device is a lagfest, but it has more pure functionality than the most expensive WP8 phone. That is a fact. And, the experiences on e.g. the HTC One or Moto X are pretty damn polished.

Hang on mate
Google search for
'HTC One Lags' 'Moto X lags'
----
I've even seen an S4 personally at a Samsung Galaxy Outlet (Definitely not a cheapo phone) :/, just dropped the notification screen from the top and could see a lag.

Add to the injury that Android OS is not polished, you install an app, and uninstall it after a few days, it may leave some random folders in your phone.

The only thing I like about android is - Its completely open, no holds barred, you can do anything with it. WP8 and Ios are kind of a fortress, you stay inside or get out.

And the only thing that itches me is - The apps are kind of very very creepy, even a simple game of chess wants to see my call log and phone book, huh?

Having said that I stay away from Androids.

I don't say that Android is a bad OS, its good, but it needs to polish itself.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
"We are closing in on our goal of a beautiful, simple, and intuitive experience regardless of your device," Google's chief Larry Page said in a conference call with analysts.

Hahahahahaha, wait he seriously meant that?

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Android has different experience on every device because of UI changes and carrier bloatwares except for Nexus devices. Android isn't exactly intuitive and simple either. His opening statement is way off.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Whether Android is beautiful or whatever doesn't mean **** and it's a smoke screen. Google makes its money on advertising revenue. Everything they do is so that they can increase ad revenue. I think that is lame, but whatever. Spyware is the new cool.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
what I don't want is a world ruled by google I would hate to see the day where google is every place we go and people are ok with that .....WTF !? :eek:rly:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
All of your data goes to them, in short, All your data are belong to us. :)

I think you wanted to quote Sahib Lopez and accidentally quoted me :/
Quoting me accidentally is a punishable offence, the penalty could include a like or a thank you on the post, or both.

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
At least I know it wasn't just me who had a chuckle about it all, lol.

On another note, with all the restrictions on WP, I'm even more impressed by the third party apps available!

Audiocloud is so much better than sound cloud on ios imo. The way it looks and the download option. Superb! 6tag is another fine example. Countless others too!

My only gripe is attachments from emails. When someone sends a track (I do a bit of music) I have to open it from the email each and everytime! And sending attachments - apart from photos, which I actually think is rather good - is just a little too restrictive!

Finally...metro tube rules! Slick and fully metro compliant! And a download option. Suck it google...I'm glad I've almost weaned myself off google search etc...you tube is the only thing from Google I use! They didn't invent it...they just bought it so it doesn't feel so bad!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos