HOWTO: Sideload Apps Without Using Windows Phone 8 SDK

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I was going to try out some custom made apps but am unsure if it is possible to install a XAP (that is to sideload it) without having to use Windows Phone 8 SDK library?

I am aware of a nice Windows Phone Power Tools tool which is kind of a superset for sideloading functionality provided by Windows Phone Application Deployment tool shipped with Windows Phone 8 SDK. But as far as I get it, it's based on DLLs that are installed with Windows Phone 8 SDK.

Most importantly, as I know, it's impossible to provision a device with XAP that isn't published in the Windows Phone marketplace without using Windows Phone 8 SDK and its deployment tool.

Still I am very interested to know if it is possible to deploy XAP without having Windows Phone 8 SDK. It's not that I am against having SDK but it's sort of irritating that it installs Hyper-V HAL and adds Virtual hub without even informing you! On top of that, such a new network topology where you have Windows Phone SDK network (organized by its Windows service) bridged with your local Wi-Fi network via virtual bridge, provides some drawbacks such as my laptop fails to route via IPv6 without explicitly enabling Teredo and Teredo server in local Group Policy Object.

I would heavily like to NOT have SDK on my laptop and still be able to deploy XAP files if only it is possible in some manner.

Thanks.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
plz look into developer section.
i had found a deployment tool somewhere. it was just around 10 MB. i dont remember much. will try to find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05