Cannot read long messages in Facebook BETA. Any suggestions?

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else run into this problem?

When I receive a very long message through facebook messages, I try to read it using the Facebook Beta app. After the first couple paragraphs, it displays a "See more" link. When you tap it, it opens facebook messaging in the built-in IE browser. Even though I have IE set to load the Mobile version of websites, it loads the full desktop version of facebook. This is bad because if the message is really long and takes up more than one page, you cannot scroll through the message. In fact, you cannot even scroll through the thread to see previous messages. This really sucks even more in group chats.

WHY OH WHY would it load up facebook in the browser just to see the rest of a message? That seems really stupid to me. Is there a setting somewhere that will allow me to read long messages sent to me in Facebook? Message length seems like such a stupid thing to limit within the app. When you get a message you wanna read the whole thing, right?

Please help! Thanks!

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
That is REALLY REALLY stupid. I think I'm gonna have to raise this issue with MS on their suggestion forum.

So nobody has figured out a way to resolve this at all? Like to make it load the mobile site instead of the desktop site?.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb