Using WPCentral app might be banned from Three network?

Wilbur Lin

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Not sure where to post this. Please point me to the right direction if this is not the best place.

Ok, so the weirdest thing happened to me lately. Whenever I use WPCentral app, 3 UK cut me off my internet and claims I'm tethering.
It it quite a few times lately so I made this video: Three UK cuts my internet off - YouTube

Any ideas what happened? I have contacted Three and they told me to factory reset my phone which I did once a few months ago when a similar problem started to emerge. It didn't help at all. I've contacted them again with this video and hope that this guy won't try to convince me that I accidentally switched on my internet sharing which I obviously didn't...

interiorlulu

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Happening to me all the time on Nokia 1020. Didn't relate it to WP Central more to WP as it used to happen on my old 620 without WP Central on. No solution being offered by 3 but never had issues with android. Am considering swapping to O2 because of this.

Mark Everingham

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to take a stab in the dark here that three are seeing you use internet explorer, wpcentral app might request it for things, and assume you must be on a computer, if its not already try setting internet explorer to mobile version in application settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo