Here Drive Update

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed the update for Here Drive? It was a pretty big update and I know it has at least solved my issues (now has traffic, directions list) and its added live eta depending on traffic. I'm surprised it hasn't hit the front page...

rosan kaushik

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
hi fren i ve also got its update but when ever i open this app it will show MCC=429 error and says navigation is not available 4 ur country or region,,,i am at Nepal and has also downloaded offline mapps for it .....how to got it fixed?????????????

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
hi fren i ve also got its update but when ever i open this app it will show MCC=429 error and says navigation is not available 4 ur country or region,,,i am at Nepal and has also downloaded offline mapps for it .....how to got it fixed?????????????

HERE is not available for free in all countries except Nokia phone. You have to buy the HERE+.

Off topic. I intend to tour Nepal, which cheap pre-paid SIM card with data would you recommend? And how's mobile data speed in Nepal? Good enough for Skype conversation?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
STILL doesn't adjust My Commute based on traffic conditions....just keeps sending me down the same route no matter what crashes or calamities might be backing it up along the way. I know HERE is a more intelligent organization than this!

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for pointing it out, store hadn't told me yet.
Directions list is huge for me, what I most missed -- but it seems to disappear once I start nav and I don't see any way to get back to it?

ciprianmalko

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a huge problem after instaling the update, here drive+ does not work anymore, it simply shuts down after i start the app, i will try a reinstall but... I am not very happy with this update, if you have any sugestions please write them, thank you for your time.

anon7989605

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
The windowsphone store update system is a total mess. I don't get this update shown as available if I visit the store. Is MS incapable of buying enough servers to roll this out for all users at the same time (like e.g. apple does)? This is really annoying behavior. It's not user friendly if people have to read blogs to see if important updates are out or not. And that isn't enough, the users needs to go to the app in the store since even opening the store does not trigger the update check. Only once the app in question is located in the store, can the user update. Seriously?

Kevyn Degia

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same complains over and over.
The phone checks for updates once a day. If you are unlucky not to have data connection at that time, you will not get the notifications
It is not a perfect system. But this is the way it works.

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I used to have a Symbian device which had Nokia maps. There was voice guided walking navigation even in Trinidad and Tobago. Drive + however says that navigation isn't available for that region. Walking navigation in here maps is awesome though. Anyway to get voice guided walking navigation?

Sent from my Lumia (LIME) via Tapatalk

anon7989605

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Same complains over and over.
The phone checks for updates once a day. If you are unlucky not to have data connection at that time, you will not get the notifications
It is not a perfect system. But this is the way it works.

So if the system works as you describe I now understand, but

1) as you say there's lots of complaints about this and that with good reason. so... it should be improved.
2) if it works as you say, then why does a manual visit of the store not again trigger the check?

There are solutions and those would be fairly easy to implement. Obviously MS is not capable of doing so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven