YouTube with support for streaming to TV??

ChrisMay

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone know if there is a YouTube App for WP8 (Lumia 520) that will let me play youtube videos to my DLNA TV?
(without having to download the video first).

Thanks!

Chris.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
No. However, if your TV is a SmartTV with a Youtube app on it, you can 'pair' your phone with any other device and this can be done with the YT web interface as well. Then your phone becomes a remote control for YT on your TV, essentially. But as I said, only works with Smart TVs or devices like the WDTV Live.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
But the xbox's have it, and PlayTo should work.

it doesn't work with the 360. Apparently the dlna that Nokia uses and the dlna that Microsoft uses are different. I just got off tech support with Nokia and Xbox after I couldn't get it to work, and they ask their "higher technical staff" and confirmed it. I couldn't get it to work anyways.

Edit: I have no idea if they were telling the truth or if what I said even makes sense, but that's what they told me and I couldn't figure it out.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
it doesn't work with the 360. Apparently the dlna that Nokia uses and the dlna that Microsoft uses are different. I just got off tech support with Nokia and Xbox after I couldn't get it to work, and they ask their "higher technical staff" and confirmed it. I couldn't get it to work anyways.

I guess that 1% of my assumption was right. I'm sorry to hear that.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Then if it is optimized for it, why won't it work?

wrong PlayTo. Its optimized for Microsoft Playto, which Nokia playto isn't compatible with.

Basically, the One will work great with Windows 8/RT, but not Windows Phone. I don't know if WP 8.1 will fix this, but it might.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
wrong PlayTo. Its optimized for Microsoft Playto, which Nokia playto isn't compatible with.

Basically, the One will work great with Windows 8/RT, but not Windows Phone. I don't know if WP 8.1 will fix this, but it might.

I didn't know Microsoft had their own PlayTo on Windows 8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes