Invoicing apps for small business

alvarezjpr

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a small business and I need a good invoicing app. Main things that I need are:

1) Being able to keep a client list (with address, phone number and other info) like a rolodex (did I just give my age away?)
2) Email the invoice as a pdf.
3) It could handle partial payments.
4) Keep a transaction history

I've checked Invoice but it's not good and the developer is a ******...I respectfully suggested some ideas of an app in Android and he was very disrespectful in his answer. The Quote to Order app wasn't useful for what I need (unless I'm missing something). There's also WpBill but it does not have a trial version (although I'm pretty sure I won't miss the $2 it costs...so I might try it in the end)

So if you have any suggestions, I'll greatly appreciated. If you had a good experience with any of the apps I mentioned, please let me know that as well. Maybe I did not spend enough time with them and I'm judging them negatively to quickly. Thanks

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I own a small business too. What I did when I first started was I went to Wally World and got a standard 2-part invoice book. Then I downloaded an invoice from Microsoft Word and customized it with my info. When I meet with a customer, I took the info down and gave them the carbon copy. When I finished with the repair, I opened the invoice I had saved from Word, on my Surface, typed in the info to include the number from the standard invoice (so that number was on both forms). They signed the custom invoice I printed off. This is very ink-intensive depending on the graphics on your form.

I recently ordered custom 3-part invoice pads and now I take down the info, have them sign, I give them the bottom copy. That still leaves the original and the second part to enter the price for parts, tax, labor, etc. When the customer picks up their device, they sign again agreeing to the cost of the repair. The original stays with me and they get the second part.

Now all of this works for me because I have face-to-face contact with my customers. Are you running an online business where you need to send the invoice via the internet? Another possible option is PayPal if you accept that as a form of payment. You can create custom invoices on the website if you have a business account.

alvarezjpr

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but that's too much paperwork. My business is face to face (and a seasonal business) and I used to do everything paperless with the Mobilebiz Pro app (android). But since I moved to wp8 I was hoping for an alternative. Worst case scenario I can still use my android phone for the time being until something comes up.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I run my business on office365. Has the big advantage that you get SharePoint with it and you cam deploy a database application to SharePoint and then access it via form in SharePoint for WP. I am developing a complete SMB solution (CRM, order management, billing, inventory...) right now that I will design for use on tablets, PC, and smartphones. But I don't expect to have the beta out before end of January with a commercial release in March... That might be a bit too late for you :)

alvarezjpr

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I run my business on office365. Has the big advantage that you get SharePoint with it and you cam deploy a database application to SharePoint and then access it via form in SharePoint for WP. I am developing a complete SMB solution (CRM, order management, billing, inventory...) right now that I will design for use on tablets, PC, and smartphones. But I don't expect to have the beta out before end of January with a commercial release in March... That might be a bit too late for you :)

it will be a little late, but please let me know when the beta comes out so I can try it. Thanks for working on a solution.i wish I knew how to code.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
it will be a little late, but please let me know when the beta comes out so I can try it. Thanks for working on a solution.i wish I knew how to code.

I will let you know when we go into beta. Where are you located? I am looking for qualified beta customers. Maybe we can set something up. That way, you would get the whole thing for free :)

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but that's too much paperwork. My business is face to face (and a seasonal business) and I used to do everything paperless with the Mobilebiz Pro app (android). But since I moved to wp8 I was hoping for an alternative. Worst case scenario I can still use my android phone for the time being until something comes up.

Yeah my original paperwork was. Now I have the 3-part form. I found that deluxe.com had the best pricing. You can design your own invoice, upload it to their website and let them create the invoice pads for you. I was looking for the least expensive way to create forms. They work for me.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my original paperwork was. Now I have the 3-part form. I found that deluxe.com had the best pricing. You can design your own invoice, upload it to their website and let them create the invoice pads for you. I was looking for the least expensive way to create forms. They work for me.
Did you ever think about moving away from paper? Not trying to push, I'm just interested about what people think. I run my business pretty much paperless and I am curious what reasons folks have to stick with paper.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever think about moving away from paper? Not trying to push, I'm just interested about what people think. I run my business pretty much paperless and I am curious what reasons folks have to stick with paper.

I don't think I could move away from paper. Customers drop off their device to be repaired. They sign the invoice and I give them the bottom copy. They now have proof that I have their device in my possession. Once I'm done with the repairs, I list the parts I used, prices, tax, labor and the total. I mark how they paid on the invoice and give them the second copy. Top copy is mine and the deposit slip goes with it. I don't know how I could get around this process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa