Another reason to not read Techcrunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
A Techcrunch writer went on a stupid rant about how bad he thought the Instagram app for WP is and went on to ridicule the entire platform. How much more unprofessional can you get? Even the update article on their site was similar in its mocking tone and unprofessional. I don't think they even bothered to use the app (do they even own a Windows Phone) and just went on what other sites reported quickly without checking their facts.

These tech sites seem a little salty these days so it must mean that WP is gaining traction.

Here's the link but a warning - you will probably lose some braincells. It's also a good reminder why you should avoid iTechcrunch

In Dumbest Possible Launch, Instagram’s Windows Phone App Leaves Out (Or Hides, Actually) The Photo Taking | TechCrunch

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
If anything, the app gap looms larger than ever because of this. Releasing an app that isn’t really an app doesn’t make up for a perceived inequality between Windows Phone and Android – it throws it into sharp relief. Already, my Twitter feed is filled with jokes about Windows Phone apps that cripple or reverse functionality and features...

Well done, Windows Phone team: You’ve just made your platform the Yakov Smirnoff of the mobile world.
:eck:

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I was shocked, not because of this article, namely all tech sites stated the same thing and all were wrong. At least they went back and corrected, with TC being sore that WP got an Instagram app.

Its actually pathetic to see ppl talk like that. Putting their personal feelings into something that doesn't affect them.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
it is actually a very valid article and one that only fanboys can't understand. They make specific mention of the feature gap....and if it wasn't highlighted before Instagram it certainly is now. WP is rife with apps that are simply -not up to par- with their other platform counterparts. I have several offenders on my phone and most of you do to but wont admit it, or worse you "live with it" as "not that big of a deal"

Jessica Lares

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You know what? I'm just glad that this isn't the whole Instagram coming to Android thing again. When the news broke out, there were too many stupid iOS users saying how they were going to boycott the service just because the feeds were going to get populated with "junk pictures". At that point, I had left Instagram for at least 6-months this first time around. I was an early adopter, and I enjoyed the service until they started letting you load pictures from the camera roll - Which is what REALLY was the breaking point for that service. I started seeing too many pictures from DSLRs, too many celebrity photo shoots and sayings with filters, and it just became an overall nasty place to hang out. Plus, everyone was spamming every picture for follows.

At least ours isn't just a ported iPhone app like Android has.

TechCrunch is on borrowed time. I see more internal ranting on there than I see real news anymore.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
it is actually a very valid article and one that only fanboys can't understand. They make specific mention of the feature gap....and if it wasn't highlighted before Instagram it certainly is now. WP is rife with apps that are simply -not up to par- with their other platform counterparts. I have several offenders on my phone and most of you do to but wont admit it, or worse you "live with it" as "not that big of a deal"

Look if someone wants to write an article about how WP apps aren't on par with the iOS or Android versions then so be it because in many cases it is true.

However, the TC article was based on a point that wasn't even true. The author didn't even have it in him to write a proper update. Instead, he and his fellow writer decide to continue bashing WP in a totally lame manner. If you think that hating that article is a '******' thing then you have missed the point.

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Instagram for Android is STILL not up to par with Instagram for iOS.

For one, you lose several borders that are available on iOS.

Second, on iOS you can just swipe from the right on a comment and it let's you choose whether you want to reply to them (it automatically quotes their username if yes), or delete/report/remove it.

On Android you can't do either.

Also, image compression when posting to Facebook or Twitter from Android is HORRIBLE. It is not so from iOS.

So, yeah, valid article.

anon(5872827)

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that there is anyone left that trusts reviews on sites like TechCrunch or the Verge or CNET anymore . I stopped checking techcruch after the Horrible review of the original Surface RT from MG Siegler . He threw it in the trash for god's sake ....who does that ???????????????????

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

It really isnt that big a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon