Wp 7 & wp 8

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
So some apps that work with WP8 do work with WP7? I couldn't find any valid information in there.

Try the Store and Login with Your account. it will show whether that app is compatible for your phone. if you have WP7 then u could understand what u want..

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What about TV Show app? Says that it works with WP8 yet I downloaded it on my friends Lumia 800.

You really have to check the Windows Phone Store using a computer. Many apps are for both WP7 and WP8. The Store will tell you that when you use a desktop computer browser.

This is from the listing of TV Show.

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
You really have to check the Windows Phone Store using a computer. Many apps are for both WP7 and WP8. The Store will tell you that when you use a desktop computer browser.

This is from the listing of TV Show.

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu150/lak611/TVapp.png

You are right. I was logged on the website and it says whether it is compatible with YOUR (WP8 in my case) version and not the other way around.

But, how is it possible to work for both if I have HD resolution on my hTC 8X? I really want to understand better the whole marketplace right now.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You are right. I was logged on the website and it says whether it is compatible with YOUR (WP8 in my case) version and not the other way around.

But, how is it possible to work for both if I have HD resolution on my hTC 8X? I really want to understand better the whole marketplace right now.
I wasn't logged in when I viewed the store in my desktop PC browser, so it didn't know what device I have. That's why both versions showed up. That's the way to know if an app is compatible with 7.x, 8 or both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs