Wherefore Art Thou, FLIPBOARD?

BBerryPowerUser

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not normally an impatient guy, but when it comes to my ALL-TIME FAVORITE APP "FLIPBOARD", I have trouble being patient.

I suppose I don't mind using my Nook Tablet to "Flip", nor my backup Android 2.3 on Virgin Mobile (Yes, I'm Grandfathered into an unlimited Android plan for $25 bucks a month so I can't NOT have it as a Backup - at that price), but life would be SWEET when FlipBoard Finally comes to WindowsPhone.

I check the Apps selection daily. I'm hoping we get an early Christmas present. Itchin' to get even a BETA version on my WP8.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just love Flipboard on Windows 8 .. is similar to what I have on the iPad but it fits in so well with Modern UI. . would love for it to come soon to WP8 too ...

BBerryPowerUser

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, Jessica.

Well, that sucks. :( I checked again today, obviously. I check every day hoping I'll magically see "FlipBoard" appear in the list of Apps available.
I know it was shown at the Nokia Show in the UAE last month. I truly expected it to be available in November.

I sent an email to FlipBoard last month, and they said "Soon". To me, "soon" means soon. Not January.
I'm still hoping it's "Soon"! :)

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Check out Weave News Reader, a VERY good one that has been around for quite a long time on WP. A new beta is in RC status right now with full cloud sync with it's Win8 cousin.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is wpcentral working in that beta ??I m asking cuz it doesn`t in d present version in the store. Not just wpcentral , pocketnow and another site also aren`t working for me. Hope they bring out the update soon. Last update was in March,its normal on windows phone but for an app which is only available for windows phone,thats too much,d paid version is costly too compared to others like collector.
Another good app is Nextgen. It also syncs with the Windows 8 version. WPCentral and pocketnow work fine in Nextgen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss