Nokia Camera Issue

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I made a note of this in the 1520 thread but wanted to pull out separately.

I've been shooting a lot with my 1520 over the last two days and one thing I've noticed is that anytime I view a photo using the quick preview thumbnail within the Nokia Camera app or via opening the image "in nokia camera" from within the photos app, the image itself looks soft/not sharp. AND I just learned that when viewing that image within Nokia Camera that I'm actually looking at the full high res image. I know when you view a photo within the photo app it takes a second or two to completely render. And in those brief two seconds, the image appears a bit soft but then resolves into a nice sharp image (as long as it was in focus to begin with). BUT, anytime I open an image within nokia camera it ALWAYS looks soft. Was super frustrating because I was using the quick preview circle within the nokia cam app at first to have a look at the images I was shooting and no matter what I did they kept looking soft. Wasnt until I started flipping between images in the photo app itself that I finally noticed what was going on.

Is this a known issue? Do others see the same? Its super annoying! I want to be able to view that full high res shot in complete focus!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
When your viewing the picture in NokiaCam do you have the crop square? Have you tried zooming in on the picture to see if it is sharp when zoomed in?

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I do have the crop square. And that does nothing but allow me to crop the already soft appearing image. Doesnt sharpen anything up.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
All phones post process images. I've just never been able to witness the process actually happen, prior to owning a Lumia phone.

You really have 2 options. Shoot RAW images or forget you can even see the preprocessed image and remember even after this processing, this camera is still better than basically 99% of all other camera phones.

There's no way to adjust the post processing, so there's really nothing you can do. Like I said in your other thread, lots of threads about this post processing in the 1020 section. Maybe visit that area and see if you find anything useful, but I doubt you will.

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This isnt a post processing problem. The image itself is not soft. Its viewing the image within the nokia camera app that makes it appear that way. If I view in the HD Photo Viewer app - the 19 or 5 meg shot - it looks as sharp as you'd expect. If I view it on my computer, also sharp. If I view within the photo app itself - sharp there too. Only if you open the image in the Nokia Camera app does it appear slightly soft. Its not as if the post processing is affecting the actual image. Only viewing images within that app.

Does that make sense? You have to look pretty closely to see what I'm talking about but if you flip between the Photos app or the HD Photo Viewer and the Nokia Camera app and pay close attention to a specific area you can most definitely see the difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium