Nokia MixRadio over Nokia Music.. Your Opinions?

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

After updating to Amber and logging into my new Nokia account.. I got a slew of about 15 updates, one of them being MixRadio, which replaces Music. After installing so many Updates in one go, I rebooted the 920.

I just do not like mix radio at all.. Its a Mess, so many little and large blocks displaying this and that everywhere. Gone are the lovely artist, album cover pictures against cool wallpapers. The controls dont work.. my music wouldnt stop playing, << and >> cotrols dont work or take about 4 presses to respond and it seems to drain battery. Ive gone back to XBOX music, which works but its pretty boring and generic.

What are your opinions of our New MixRadio
Can I uninstall it and go back to Nokia Music

Cheers

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I love it way better design I have none of those problems with my app only complaint is there's no share track option like the Pandora app has

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

FeedTheShark

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm struggling with it a bit as well, they've made it look "funky", but it's not as obvious how to use it anymore. Right now I am trying to find the gigs section which was always semi-useful for finding bands to see (I say semi because the listings didn't have many details beyond the venue and artist name - should have been able to click on the artists to view their songs and read their bio). But now I don't see it anywhere and i'd rather something rather than nothing.

Elemisth

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm struggling with it a bit as well, they've made it look "funky", but it's not as obvious how to use it anymore. Right now I am trying to find the gigs section which was always semi-useful for finding bands to see (I say semi because the listings didn't have many details beyond the venue and artist name - should have been able to click on the artists to view their songs and read their bio). But now I don't see it anywhere and i'd rather something rather than nothing.
You can see gigs in a few different ways in the new nokia mixradio app
(1) Swipe to the search box and type in the artist you are interested in. You will get two results; music and gigs.
(2) When you listen to a mix or song in the player, you can swipe right to see the artist page of the artist currently playing. If they have any upcoming gigs near you, they should appear there.
(3) If you have added an artist to your favorites, you can get to the artist page through the favorites menu as well.

Note that gigs data is not available for all countries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett