Just got my SOUL by Ludacris SL300WB

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So I have never been the one for designer headphones. To me, I want headphones that have good sound and features with a look that isn't outrageous. I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg to let people know I am the reason that Dr. Dre (or Ludacris in this case) is earning ridiculous money. So why would I pick up this headphones?

The SL300WB are a discontinued model for the SOUL line. Regular retail for these were $300. They are over the ear, noise-cancelling headphones. I personally have never owned a pair of noise-cancelling headphones, and it has been quite sometime since I have had an over-the-ear set. Because of this, I was very intrigued when a seller on Amazon had the headphones on sale for $69.99. At that price, unless the headphones were absolutely horrible, I felt that I really couldn't go wrong

I now have been listening to the headphones with my Lumia 920 for about an hour. So far so good! Audio expert I am not, but they seem to provide a very enjoyable experience when listening to music (only electronic music like Daft Punk up to this point). The bass isn't crazy strong and out of place like I have heard with some earlier Beats' models.

Noise cancellation seems to work well in my limited use as well. While I haven't used them on a plane, train or automobile, I do live close to an Air Force base. Because of this, it isn't unusual to see and definitely hear a jet fly over (esp. when outside). I was sitting on my balcony only to see a jet fly over really close, only this time, music was the only thing I could hear! Now, having over-the-ear headphones without active noise cancellation would help by themselves, but I doubt they would entirely block out the noise. It really has let me shut out everything around me and focus on the music.

The headphones do work without batteries as well, but they do not sound nearly as good. Because of this, I will be definitely be buying some rechargeable AAA's soon!

Oh, and there is a button that lights up the logo...I don't think I will ever be using that!

BTW, don't they look good together?

71KVr2Pok1L._SL1500_.jpgnokia-lumia-920-white_1-500x500.jpg

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Good thing about headphones is that they aren't the type of product that having a discontinued model matters (not considering bluetooth, inline controls, etc.)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Darn that is a bargain, Amazon UK have it listed at ?129.. (to pricey for me) and indeed the the white L920 with SL300WB look pretty good together.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Darn that is a bargain, Amazon UK have it listed at ?129.. (to pricey for me) and indeed the the white L920 with SL300WB look pretty good together.

I sat on the deal for a couple days before jumping on it. I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up again at some point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo