PhoneFactor/Multi-Factor Auth issue

bowlermonk

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
We just started using PhoneFactor at work and they suggested we download the app. It downloaded fine to my 920. I launched it, agreed to the terms, and selected to allow the Push notifications. However, when I try to add my account, I get an error that Push is disabled. If I check the settings, it is turned on. Anyone else using it with no issues?

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been using it without any problems. Did you successfully enroll your device? You may want to make sure your admin has Push turned on - fortunately there are more options than just push notifications for PhoneFactor.

bowlermonk

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I will check with my admin in the morning to see about the server-side, thanks for that. However, to answer your other question, no, I was not able to successfully enroll my device. Here were the steps they (admins) provided:

1. Download app
2. Log into multi-factor auth website (our company's)
3. Select to register app. It generates the key
4. Launch app and enter info

I assumed that when I launched the app, I would click the Add button on the account screen to enter the info. However, when I tap it, it says this:

Cannot add accounts when push notifications are disabled. Enable push notifications using the settings menu.

I ensured they were enabled, tried again, fail. I rebooted my phone, tried again, fail. There aren't exactly a lot of options in the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon