Streaming contents from Windows 8.1 to Nokia Lumia 720 using "Nokia Play to App"

TSR_MAV3R1K

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
It's been few days. I've installed "Nokia Play to" App on my Nokia Lumia 720, and also I've turned on media streaming option on my Windows 8.1 based laptop, but I'm unable to find my laptop under streaming option in the "Play to" app. I'm connected to same WiFi router on both Laptop and Mobile. I've searched on various forums and Blogs on how to connect using DLNA and all,but I'm unable to figure out how to, or what's wrong. Can somebody please help me out. Any suggestion will be appreciated. I just want my lumia 720 to connect to my Laptop via Play to app, so that I can stream the contents of my laptop as well as of Mobile.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Play To works the opposite, it allows you to stream from your phone to a server. However there should be apps available that can work as a client, have you tried plex?

TSR_MAV3R1K

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. And yes I tried plex, since it's paid I wasn't able to use it to fullest. Although, I found the solution. And it's simple, I just installed XBMC on my Laptop, and I used MoliPlayer pro app from my phone to connect to my lappie, and Viola, my cellphone was streaming videos from my lappie like charm. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05