Lumia or Android??

MojoDoj0

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Jessy1098 ...... I've been reading people's comments, people who want to help you with your question. People have asked you questions to help you with YOUR question. It would be much easier if you could answer these questions ....!

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Android have a lot of apps,some people might like its UI but it needs a decent phone to run smoothly...
iOS is user friendly,a lot of apps,similiar UI with android but only available on iPhones which aren't so cheap...
Windows Phone 8,Many people might not like UI but it's really sorted,it runs really smooth even on low end devices like Lumia 520,easy to use and not laggy but it doesn't have as much apps as the iOS or Android...
Conclusion: If you want a simple smartphone for basic stuff and play a few games go for Windows Phones 8
If you want a more advanced OS with more apps and more possibilities go for android or iOS
P.S. go to windowsphone.com to see what apps WP8 haves,check if it haves everything you need..

Tsarli

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Long time Android user here but I must admit that for ease of use I simply love my Lumia 625. But if it's customization, and apps you're after then I would definitely recommend Android. If you like gaming on a mobile device then definitely stay away from WP8! A lot of titles are pathetic knock-offs of Android and iOS versions (think of that mockbuster Transmorphers).

Hawkhe

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Going from a high end Android to WP8 experience differs. Me I can't get over the cumbersome navigation and just simple things that should of came built in to the OS. My wife has the Lumia 1520 and for what she uses it for she had no problem jumping from her, she basically likes taking pictures, surfing web, netflix, text, calls, and Facebook. Me on the other hand I like modding all my devices and I chose to go from the S4 to the Note 3.

WP8 store does have a good bit of apps but it also has a good bit of trash apps that are obviously made just to boost the app numbers. A lot of high end games are free on Android and not WP8 because of the lack of ad support, but it is the same for iOS and yes you Android is easy to pirate anything. I believe MS needs to make the entire OS more open source for it to have a chance to rival Android and they are in dire need to have first party apps and games. No reason they own multiple gaming franchises, a huge network of partners to work with, and the bank to back up any project, and them only having 2-3 decent games not on other platforms.

I am hoping that the WP8.1 (or WP blue) update will address most of these issues and the next batch of phones will make me switch over. The Lumia 1520 is a great phone, the Note 3 is just better at too many things.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Sony ericsson which is a java mobile.. So i am new to these smartphones. I want to buy it but my friends are suggesting me to look for android. I am very much confused. :crying:
My friends told me that windows phone store doesnt have top high end games for free..
I know, posting such question in this forum will irritate so many.. but i dont know where to clarify it. pls reply.

Thanks in advance.

The old "my friends say"...
What do you say?

I say if you have to ask here then you want someone to talk you into something that you want more than need.
You strike me as young and easily influenced.

Why not sit back and not worry about what the friends want.
There's no rush my friend.

Jessica Lares up there has the best advice for you in my opinion.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Something that really caught my attention in this post. Nokia did a very good job of marketing their own Lumia brand. Only a few people here even mention this is a WP. It raises my curiosity whether it is just known Lumia's run WP, or whether it doesn't matter.

OP: I believe you would be the best to answer this question.

Please advise.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
If you need a phone for whatsapp, never go for a WP8 phone

lolwut? i think you're going a little too far there, at the end of the day, it's a messaging app, and guess what?! it sends messages and does a bunch more...you make it sound like it doesn't work on WP8

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
no, that app is not available on wp8

BBM is coming out for windows phone soon?

Also to the OP, is smartphone gaming really that important to you. If it is just get an iphone or android they have this controller game pad thing that you can place your phone into and it looks like a Sega Game Gear or or Game Boy it has directional pad and buttons.

IMO, smartphone gaming is trash. I only play games to occupy my time while pooping

Last edited:

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Having my fair share of android high end phones....yes they have more games...more screen space and yes some games are free...not sure why but they are! If like rooting your phone or adding launchers you may wanna stay with android. I switched just because every month android had a new update and my phone being only a few months old wouldn't get it for another 6 months unless it was my nexus which was ok, just horrible camera and no lte in the states....the nexus 5 seems ok, but android for games kills your battery, and for me all their cameras suck! Key why I stay with Nokia....i would do what others said, go to windows website and check it all out! Or play with one in store for awhile.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Sony ericsson which is a java mobile.. So i am new to these smartphones. I want to buy it but my friends are suggesting me to look for android. I am very much confused. :crying:
My friends told me that windows phone store doesnt have top high end games for free..
I know, posting such question in this forum will irritate so many.. but i dont know where to clarify it. pls reply.

Thanks in advance.

you should have a 14 day return policy with your carrier. buy one, try it for thirteen days, then try the next mobile os.

when you've tried android, iOS, and wp, them pick the one you like the most and keep it.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If you're looking at a 520 an Android device anywhere near that price will be absolute trash. The Lumia 521 is what won me away from android and I ended up upgrading to a higher end Lumia not long after. The 521/520 is basically the best value smartphone available anywhere.

Hawkhe

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Having my fair share of android high end phones....yes they have more games...more screen space and yes some games are free...not sure why but they are! If like rooting your phone or adding launchers you may wanna stay with android. I switched just because every month android had a new update and my phone being only a few months old wouldn't get it for another 6 months unless it was my nexus which was ok, just horrible camera and no lte in the states....the nexus 5 seems ok, but android for games kills your battery, and for me all their cameras suck! Key why I stay with Nokia....i would do what others said, go to windows website and check it all out! Or play with one in store for awhile.

Playing games on all phones kills your battery. Most Androids have better cameras then most WPs and iPhones, other then the 1020, no WP beats the high end Android cameras. Go with the "play with one in store advice" I played with the 1520 for over an hour before choosing a phone.

"you should have a 14 day return policy with your carrier. buy one, try it for thirteen days, then try the next mobile os.

when you've tried android, iOS, and wp, them pick the one you like the most and keep it."

Most carriers have a hefty restocking fee, I know Verizon and AT&T have a 70.00 restocking fee. I would recommend using a friends Android and or iPhone. If you are strait buying a phone without a contract I would go with the 521 since it is the best value phone on the market, if you are going with a contract I would save and spend the extra to get a 1020 or 1520 if you choose Lumia, if you choose Android the Note 3 is the top of the food chain with the S4 extremely discounted with plans.

anilraj

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
By now, all the phone OS out there can give you the same experience.
And by experience, I mean the end result of using the OS feature or the OS+App together.
Sometimes one phone will have one type of app, another will have a different one for the same experience.

Also, one phone might give you one or two different experience which another phone might not.
But, on an average all the 3 major OS will be satisfactory for most of the people.

Google Docs claims is that even if it has only small subset of features compare to Microsoft Office, those are the most commonly used features by the most common people.
In the same lines, common man doesn't need all the 900K apps in the Android or iOS world.
What you need, you have got in Windows Phone (either official, or equivalent).

So, instead of feature comparison, go for the phone, whose OS looks beautiful and smooth.
The one, which you can confidently take out in front of friends and strangers.

If it is iOS, go buy iPhone.
If it is Android, go buy one.
If it is Windows Phone, welcome to the group.

Last edited:

Hawkhe

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
WP8 has the basics of what most people need and want but it greatly lacks in games and greatly lacks in quality free apps. Going through the WP8 store I seen way too high of a percent of the apps being bloat and repeat apps to boost numbers. The store does have most of the top 100 used apps and for someone who just uses their phone for business, or mainly for taking pictures you will get along fine.

Aldwin1999

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I vote for lumia for your first smartphone. With the WP8 its a very different experience (Good way) because of the live tiles and the metro type U.I. But android is also good they are usually the first platforms getting the newest and greatest apps. Nexus 5 vs A top end Lumia for me i choose the android its just a better os for me

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
lolwut? i think you're going a little too far there, at the end of the day, it's a messaging app, and guess what?! it sends messages and does a bunch more...you make it sound like it doesn't work on WP8

The latest version of whatsapp has proper notifications and the messaging background agent. The problem with previous versions was that notifications were delayed, but this became fixed. To the poster above, he must not have been using a newer version of whatsapp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo