Which Calendar App do you use [and why]?

George Jenkinson

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I'm hoping some folks will be forthcoming with suggestions for a calendar app for my Lumia 920, if you're willing to help?

My phone is largely business use and I miss a decent calendar with a week view and an agenda display where each day is more easily distinguished, also sending meeting invites would be helpful. It would be wonderful if the live tile could be live (and and syncs well with the native calendar). I am happy to pay for a good calendar. Two of the best on non-WP8 I have used is Samsung's S-calendar and Blackberry's native one - something similar to these would be ideal.

Having looked at the Windows Store, it seems there is some limit to the calendar apps integration because of limits imposed by MS on the depth of integration developers are allowed, so am I whistling in the wind?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Super calendar I find to be the best for me. Look it up in the store they have a trial but I could tell you I have tried every one out and this one seems to be the best. There is a new one coming out very soon called "cal" there was a article about it a few weeks ago.

Kevyn Degia

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Simple Calendar
for the customizable wide live tile which shows up to 4 next appointments from all your outlook, google, exchange calendars

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Simple Calendar for me too. The live tile options are beautiful as well as functional, it has a month view that's actually useful, and (I happen to know because I'm in the beta ;) soon will have a beautiful week view as well.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have bought at least Weekview 8, True Calendar, Simple Calendar and Appointile, but because of MS:s limited API to edit non windows live events Im back to the integrated calendar. I use exchange email+calendar and prefer that I can edit/delete events from the tile. However I still want to see more than next appointment, I have lockscreen calendar showing me upcoming events in my lockscreen.

Last edited:

SamiSaifDine

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Just wait for cal .. I am waiting for it and willing to buy it because it's the most elegant one + when I asked Daniel Rubino yesterday about it he said that he doesnt know the exact release date but he saw a lot of updates and new features on his beta .. So I think it will be the next big calendar app on WP :)

SamiSaifDine

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Just wait for cal .. I am waiting for it and willing to buy it because it's the most elegant one + when I asked Daniel Rubino yesterday about it he said that he doesnt know the exact release date but he saw a lot of updates and new features on his beta .. So I think it will be the next big calendar app on WP :)

Also it's the only calendar app that can events from facebook and microsoft account + you can have a background on your tile

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I use my device primarily for business too. Coming from Android, the BEST calendar experience I've ever had was using Business Calendar for Android. The only calendar app on WP that come close to that is True Calendar 8. It has an awesome month view where all of your appointments are visible. It also has a decent week view. The agenda view is identical to the native WP calendar. The best part about True Calendar 8 is that it follows the UI of WP to a tee. It has lockscreen capabilities and the Live Tile flips to show more appointments. You can change the background, text, and calendar type colors on the Live Tile too. Did I mention it also has facebook calendar and Gmail calendar integration as well?

goodbar_dev

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Not to complicate things further, but I am throwing another calendar app in the ring on Dec.15th! The app is called "Calendar Calleague". It has outlook-style day and week views in addition to the month view, Live Tile, and Lock Screen, but its key differentiator is its ability to dial you in to conference calls (phone #, pauses, pass codes, etc.) More over, it's Live Tile will tell you if a conference call was found, and tapping the tile will prompt you to dial-in to that call. Perhaps more importantly, it's FREE! (ad-supported), but with in-app purchases available to remove ads, access the auto-dial in from Live Tile feature, and access the Lock Screen feature.

This is of course version 1, but support for Microsoft, Google, and Facebook calendars will be in upcoming releases as we all know that is a hot item :)

No link yet, but keep an eye out for it, especially if you ever have conference calls!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Just gave "Calendar Calleague" a run and were it's nice it does lack lots of features that are found in other calendar apps. It does have a nicely done layout outlook style. I found it a little hard to see appointments with the way it has the background behind them. Private appointment are private but the developer said Facebook is coming soon. Also can't edit or delete appointment which is a deal breaker for me. Remember it is a new app and it is free so let's give it time with updates to come I am sure we will look at it again.

goodbar_dev

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback pmhgeneral! Yes, version 1 focused more on the differentiating feature of dialing-in w/ the full understanding that work is definitely not yet complete. Any and all feedback is appreciated so I can best prioritize features in upcoming versions. For the outlook style views, I did choose to vary the opacity specifically to ensure the foreground of the text does not get lost in the background depending on the color you choose for the calendar. That being said, adjusting the meeting block opacity and/or selecting the text color would be an easy config to add in future versions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb