Minion Rush is available now!

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ryan, I recently stumbled into the iOS & Android versions of Minion Rush and noticed that it got a Christmas themed update. So i was wondering since Christmas is just around the corner, will the windows phone version be updated too? Also Asphalt 8. :D

I talked about this a little earlier in the thread but sadly, due to the development process and release timeline for Minion Rush on Windows, the Christmas update will not be hitting this platform. However, from this point forward, all seasonal/small content updates will be hitting Windows Phone/Windows 8. For a little more information check one of the earlier pages though if you'd like :)

HI Ryan, Facebook integration works but partially. It shows only my friends who are playing the game through windows phone. It doesn't show android and iOS friends. I'm from India and using Lumia 820(GDR 3).

So since we don't offer cross-platform play you will only see Facebook friends who are on Windows Phone and play Minion Rush. You won't be able to see your Android/iOS friends so it sounds like your Facebook Integration is working as intended.

sorry but this is s very irresponsible reply,everybody in this thread is having this problem,maybe you'll take into account if its an article complaining this on wpcentral,btw,u am from India,gdr2,also it doesn't show any of my friends playing it but it connects to Facebook and show weekly challenges

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how my response can be considered irresponsible. Working on issues like this take time, especially if the Dev team isn't able to reproduce the specific issue you're reporting. I think since I've been asking for extra information shows how I, along with the Dev team, are working hard at fixing issues like this Facebook integration issue you are experiencing. Many people have told me that they aren't having issues with Facebook on Minion Rush so that's why this issue appears to be taking the Dev team some time work out. I am sorry again if my response somehow managed to bother you though.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Also, just as a heads up: I'll be going on vacation for 2 weeks today after I leave the office and will be back to work in the 2nd week of January. So if I don't answer any posts or PMs it's just due to me traveling and being offline for most of that time! See you all in 2014 and Happy Holidays!

Binoya Mathews

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Also, just as a heads up: I'll be going on vacation for 2 weeks today after I leave the office and will be back to work in the 2nd week of January. So if I don't answer any posts or PMs it's just due to me traveling and being offline for most of that time! See you all in 2014 and Happy Holidays!
Happy holidays to you too Ryan :)

Binoya Mathews

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
sorry but this is s very irresponsible reply,everybody in this thread is having this problem,maybe you'll take into account if its an article complaining this on wpcentral,btw,u am from India,gdr2,also it doesn't show any of my friends playing it but it connects to Facebook and show weekly challenges

Are you sure those friends of yours have windows phones?

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Why this game shows fb friends on wo only and not on othrr platforms, subway surfers and other games show why not this

Not sure if I have mentioned this earlier in the thread or not but our games don't support cross-platform play so you'll only see friends who have Windows Phones/Windows devices. The other games you mention might offer cross-platform play which is why you can see those other people who have iOS and Android devices.

azarighty

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if I have mentioned this earlier in the thread or not but our games don't support cross-platform play so you'll only see friends who have Windows Phones/Windows devices. The other games you mention might offer cross-platform play which is why you can see those other people who have iOS and Android devices.

why you offer it on ios and android why the bias here? This game is pointless without social features

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
why you offer it on ios and android why the bias here? This game is pointless without social features

I think you misunderstood me. iOS can only friend and play with other iOS players. Android players can only friend and play with other Android players. Those other games you mentioned also aren't Gameloft games so those companies offer different options than we do.

azarighty

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I think you misunderstood me. iOS can only friend and play with other iOS players. Android players can only friend and play with other Android players. Those other games you mentioned also aren't Gameloft games so those companies offer different options than we do.

ok

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Rather than creating yet another Minion Rush thread, I will post in here even though this is regarding the Windows 8 version of Minion Rush and not the phone version.

Even though I disagree with the ludicrous IAPs that Minion Rush offers, I tolerated them because my kids really enjoyed the game, however, this latest 'stunt' is the icing on the cake. Apparently, we are not allowed to play Minion Rush unless we enter a birthdate. Oh, and it better be the right one to, because you can't change it later (heavy on the sarcasm). Why, do you ask? Gameloft says it's so they can '...tailor this game appropriately.' That's right folks, data mining at its finest! So, let's pretend for a second that I was willing to do this. There is no way in heck that anyone is getting any of my kids' information so I would need to input my own. I guess their gaming experience would not be 'tailored' to the actual people playing the game. So Gameloft wants to collect my personal information for marketing and to profit by, and they are using their game as hostage to do so as you cannot play the game without giving them information.
As you can tell, I am pretty upset and unless this changes, we'll be uninstalling the game and not supporting Gameloft ever again. To most and probably to Gameloft as well, this statement from our family more than likely means nothing but to us, it's important.
Hopefully, Gameloft Ryan will explain this policy and let us know if it will change or not. Forcing people to do anything is bad practice.

Thanks for reading,
Sent from our Surface RT

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Rather than creating yet another Minion Rush thread, I will post in here even though this is regarding the Windows 8 version of Minion Rush and not the phone version.

Even though I disagree ...(Deleted for Space)...Hopefully, Gameloft Ryan will explain this policy and let us know if it will change or not. Forcing people to do anything is bad practice.

Thanks for the post and I'm happy to clarify things! The reason we put the "Enter Your Birthdate" option is because most games nowadays have social features and if a child playing the game is under 13 years old we can't enable that feature in game for them. You can still actively play the game, without any content changes, regardless of the age you put in, but the social feature (Facebook login, challenge friends, etc.) will be disabled.

If you entered an age that isn't the accurate age you can contact our support team to change it. Click this link to contact them! :)

Last edited:

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
So when are the new features already available for android & ios to be given wo wp8?

I've talked about this before and some updates from iOS/Android aren't being ported to Windows due to development timeline issues. However, moving forward we will be porting all updates over to Windows for Minion Rush :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786