How big is your Twitter app?

Oranges123

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed when I first installed the app it was only around 30mb but since then the app data has been constantly growing with usage to the point its bigger than some games and actually the biggest non-game app coming close to 100mb. I expect it to take up app data but not this much, it seems like weeks old content from timeline is not being removed.

twittersize.png

Removing the app and reinstalling it sets the space back how it was but it will keep growing every time needing it to be reinstalled every once in a while.

What is the size of the official twitter app on your phone? Do you guys have the same issue?

judemanutd

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
30mb,i think thats perfectly normal because the more you use the app the more data it will download,this happens with all the apps that use the net to download stuff including whatsapp,facebook,any browser,sports apps etc.

Oranges123

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
30mb,i think thats perfectly normal because the more you use the app the more data it will download,this happens with all the apps that use the net to download stuff including whatsapp,facebook,any browser,sports apps etc.

I agree with you on that :) it will use more app data with usage however I also have many other apps like you mention that use app data in the same way. They cache content on the phone but never keeps growing big like this because the old content data is replaced.

With the Twitter app I scrolled down to the oldest tweets available to view on the phone and it took me back a few days, so content that was weeks old that can no longer be viewed anymore is still stored on the phone. Ultimately its not a WP issue but more to do the way the app was developed by Twitter, I notice the Vine app from them also seems to function the same way.

There must be some ways of clearing cache or wiping data...

None I can see other than reinstalling the app to start from scratch. You can't clear it with Storage Check because its part of app data and not temporary files.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss