New WP8 user need a couple app suggestions

flyinion

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, coming over from Android and hoping someone can point me in the direction of a few good apps for the following. Free or paid is good either way, I got a $25 coupon with the phone purchase for the store so I have no problem burning some of it on new apps :)

a weather app, previously used Beautiful Widgets on Android for weather

an alarm clock app that can use an mp3 (or even XBox Music if possible?) for the alarm sound. I used Gentle Alarm on Android but it doesn't really have to be a "gentle alarm" type of app (wakeup sound fades in)

a good barcode scanner app, mostly for scanning QR codes on website. ShopSavvy looked to be updated and good reviews but seems to be only for shopping based on what I read in the description.

I think that's it for now. I found replacements for most of the other stuff I really used (had tons of apps loaded on old phone but never actually used most of them) except Youtube but I'll probably get MyTube for that once I get a list of everything I want so I can use as much of the coupon in on shot. It only lasts for 6 months once activated.

wpnokia920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Bing weather, accuweather, weather channel all free. Though Bing weather is my fav. Redlaser by ebay good barcode scanner.

25$ on apps will last a while. Most of apps you want are great free ones.

flyinion

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. I'll definitely check out the weather app article. I seem to remember reading that a few months ago but forgot about it. Yeah, I've been lurking here for quite a few months waiting for my Verizon contract to end lol. Jumped ship to AT&T for a 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos