The UC Browser teams want to answer your questions

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Text wrap/word wrap

I know a lot of people will say the website has to support it but this is not the case with Dolphin Browser for Android. It always text wrap/word wrap every website I go to and no matter how much I zoom in or make the text big it will always condense the width so that it fits perfect on the screen and I would only have to scroll down in order to read. Never left or right.

If you can do this then you are a generous god.

Siddhartha Shivam

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Downloading the files without asking would be inappropriate. For example, it's difficult to download files from the native browser, but when using UC, it provides an extra flexibility to downloading files by simply providing the external link in downloading section. If you can allow downloading of files with recommendations that would be awesome. Hope you get my point this time ! :)

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
We will try to do something with upload button on webpages, letting them upload from downloaded files.
But it's risky.

What's your favorite online storage anyway?
Mine is Copy.com
I meant like when you are browsing downloaded files and you could tap and hold to upload to whatever cloud storage you had logged in. I don't know if it's possible though.
Thanks for responding! :D

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Not possible to make UC default browser for all apps. But app developers can make us the default app to open link.

We would like to invite all developer to use our URI Association and we can setup a collaboration.
For Chrync ,we will shoot an email to see if we can

Is it possible to make UC browser your main browser? Because when I use the search button on my phone it keeps using IE and I don't want ie lol xD how about adding a thing that can make you retrive your bookmarks from google chrome? Like the app "chrync" but it is onboard the browser ;)

CGA1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Text wrap/word wrap

I know a lot of people will say the website has to support it but this is not the case with Dolphin Browser for Android. It always text wrap/word wrap every website I go to and no matter how much I zoom in or make the text big it will always condense the width so that it fits perfect on the screen and I would only have to scroll down in order to read. Never left or right.

If you can do this then you are a generous god.

This is actually one of the things that bothers me most with WP. Not a single browser is able to do this, I'm starting to think it's an os limitation and I would love to hear a developers take on this.

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
er.. It's a bit complicated to be honest...
We have done it on UC Browser for Android, and most of the early mobile platforms.

But on WP, it seems very CPU consuming to do this.
We cannot modify how the system works, so we will need to save the page, modify it's codes and css before rendering.
Last time we checked, it's slow and unstable, may disabling images or affect cookie/js
So we can't release this feature before it became mature.

Tho we will keep an eye on it. It's said that WP 8.1 is near and it provide a lot of new features, let's hope for the best in the new year:)

This is actually one of the things that bothers me most with WP. Not a single browser is able to do this, I'm starting to think it's an os limitation and I would love to hear a developers take on this.

vishj05

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Large desktop sites eat through memory quickly.
But this won't happen frequently.

If it crashs all the time, could you please tell us which phone model, carrier were you using?
And was your phone GDR3 or GDR2?

It crashes always..
I am using Lumia 720 with Amber update(GDR2)

halamadridcr7

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway to save videos to videos and music hub? I tried to download mp4 videos and 3gp videos and when on downloaded section of videos on uc browser when i click export to hub uc browser automatically exports them to mp3 files..

Plz tell me is it possible to save videos from uc browser to videos hub?

Hala Madrid

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Its very awesome we can transfer files to pc via wifi... but it would be awesome if its possible to transfer files from pc to device and save in local storage.. like at least mp3 and video files.. its pain to use usb cable again and again for transferring hehe

CGA111

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
er.. It's a bit complicated to be honest...
We have done it on UC Browser for Android, and most of the early mobile platforms.

But on WP, it seems very CPU consuming to do this.
We cannot modify how the system works, so we will need to save the page, modify it's codes and css before rendering.
Last time we checked, it's slow and unstable, may disabling images or affect cookie/js
So we can't release this feature before it became mature.

Tho we will keep an eye on it. It's said that WP 8.1 is near and it provide a lot of new features, let's hope for the best in the new year:)

Thanks for this clarification, it was as I suspected.

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Dear Team UC Browser,

I tried using UC browser today. As I still send quite many SMSes and there are no proper SMS apps for Windows Phone platform, I use the mobile web version of Way2SMS.com.
Unfortunately, I could never get UC Browser to open the mobile version of this site. IE on my 920 always opens the browser in the mobile format, but UC Browser opens it in desktop format.
I've tried directly pasting the link etc... nothing worked.

Is there anything I can do from my side to open the browser in mobile format:
here is the link: Free SMS, Send Free SMS, Send Free SMS to india, Free email alerts, email2SMS, SMS Alerts,Bill Reminders, EMI Reminders, Loan Reminders, TV Shows Reminders, Future SMS, Mobile Bill Reminders

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if this question has been asked but I was wondering if there is possibility to add the option to upload docs files from the documents folder in websites that have the upload button? Thank you.

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Actually UC Browser is a cross-platform mobile browser. We start building our product back into Java days, and then Symbian, BB, iPhone, Android.
We were long time No.1 mobile browser in China, and have beat Opera to be No.1 in India this year.

As a company with 400 million users, profit was not that important on WP for us. So we will focus on user experience and polishing our product.

Haha. I remember using UC Browser (Symbian) on my Nokia X6. Even then, UC provided the most fluid web browsing experience! Hats off to you guys!

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
What feature do you want on a Jailbreak phone?

We just get our hand on with a Jailbreaked Samsung ATIV and would like to try.
But Jailbreaking dosn't mean you know what to do and how to do things.
We may have ideas, but there won't be MSDN documents telling you what api/command was available.
It's more like hacking and reverse engineering, one simple feature may take a lot of time.

Any chance for a Jailbreak/dev-unlock edition like you had on WP7?

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
This one is hard..

1. We can't read documents folder at this moment
2. WP Uploading feature currently support pic only

"Upload downloaded files" and "SD Card file reading" were in our todo list. We will see what we can do when dealing with this.

Don't know if this question has been asked but I was wondering if there is possibility to add the option to upload docs files from the documents folder in websites that have the upload button? Thank you.

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
FILE MANAGER!

Part of joking:) Actually we are seriously trying to work with Nokia to include file manage, so file uploading, downloading and managing can all be done.
But still, there's many uncertainty. So please stay tuned.

As of next version: Bluetooth sharing!
Yes this feature should come before Wifi sharing, but.....well you know, **** happens and it's life...

WHAT FEATURES CAN WPusers EXPECT IN FUTURE UPDATE OF UCBrowser??

Daneshd1

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I love this browser more than any other browser out there .. But it keeps crashing and there's a lot of lag .. I remember using it on Symbian ..it was very fluid .. But lags a lot on wp8 ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077