The UC Browser teams want to answer your questions

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
NFC is easy to use, but not that practical.

1. They only work with WP, and Lumia 520 (which hold 30% of market share)didn't support NFC.
2. It can only share files from Picture/Music/Video folder. If you want to share files in app, both phone will need to install UC Browser.

So we think NFC is not that convenient at current stage..
can you add NFC support? This is related to Bluetooth sharing I believe.

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I love this browser, but I often need it to support reporting the phone's location. Is there some reason this feature is not there or just haven't got around to adding it yet?

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
NFC only works with WP? I thought it works with android too. I was able to send a link to my friend using a Samsung in IE.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Could you allow us to open YouTube links with Metrotube? Windows Phone Central app has this option. Ideally this would be an optional default setting in UC Browser (rather than having to select every time we click a YT link in the browser). Thanks!

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Oh, as someone else asked about- some kind of manual would be helpful. I'm trying to get into UC Browser but I'm really having trouble at times understanding the layouts, drill-downs, app flow, etc.

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes it work with Android and can send link to it, but cannot help paring Bluetooth and send files/pics to it.

If it's only link (share pages), we will see what we can do next version.
NFC only works with WP? I thought it works with android too. I was able to send a link to my friend using a Samsung in IE.

vinrulez

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
FILE MANAGER!

Part of joking:) Actually we are seriously trying to work with Nokia to include file manage, so file uploading, downloading and managing can all be done.
But still, there's many uncertainty. So please stay tuned.

As of next version: Bluetooth sharing!
Yes this feature should come before Wifi sharing, but.....well you know, **** happens and it's life...

Its too good to hear that uc team is trying to work with Nokia to include file manager,thank you uc web :)

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
just so you know, the recent update released today still hasn't fix the ipv6 problem. the address bar is still too small for the ipv6 address

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I've downloaded videos from the latest version of uc browser. Where can i find the files? It was downloaded via regular download and i already switch the videos to hub. But cant find anything on my music folder both phone and external storage.

Last edited:

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Usually the file can be found as a .mp3 file with same filename.
in "music/unknown artist" folder
I've downloaded videos from the latest version of uc browser. Where can i find the files? It was downloaded via regular download and i already switch the videos to hub. But cant find anything on my music folder both phone and external storage.

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
hello,
im pretty sure this issue has been touched upon before, but incase it havent:

-can u disable "back" by swiping a left to right swipe?
either remove it, or present an option for the user.?

because at the moment its killing me :p, i CANT browse any desktop websites that way, every time i want to pan left, the browser will take me "back" to the previous page...

i tried using UC as a main browser for 3 weeks, but gave up eventually, i can live with all its other disadvantages vs the default IE, because i believe that UC does bring alot to the table :)

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Will do after this version
hello,
im pretty sure this issue has been touched upon before, but incase it havent:

-can u disable "back" by swiping a left to right swipe?
either remove it, or present an option for the user.?

because at the moment its killing me :p, i CANT browse any desktop websites that way, every time i want to pan left, the browser will take me "back" to the previous page...

i tried using UC as a main browser for 3 weeks, but gave up eventually, i can live with all its other disadvantages vs the default IE, because i believe that UC does bring alot to the table :)

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
When browsing with Speed Mode off, no page will be saved on server. Actually you communicate with web page directly, no UC server was involved.
You can still go forward and backward seamlessly, pages was cached on your phone memory

Only when you turn on Speed Mode, we will try to compass page with our server.
And at that time, page will be cached for a short while, and only you can access it

Does it cache web pages on UC's server or serves fresh pages directly from the web server?

windoors

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
When browsing with Speed Mode off, no page will be saved on server. Actually you communicate with web page directly, no UC server was involved.
You can still go forward and backward seamlessly, pages was cached on your phone memory

Only when you turn on Speed Mode, we will try to compass page with our server.
And at that time, page will be cached for a short while, and only you can access it

Thank you for sharing!

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
My question is one of tabs. I assume that memory limitations is why you are tab limited, but it is limited due to it needing run smoothly on 512MB devices, or does it have to do with the OS itself?

Also, would it be possible to have a second version only for 1GB/2GB version with more tabs. As I wouldn't understand it being a RAM issue at that point (of course, it could be an OS issue) considering I could have around 10 tabs (mostly text) on my old jailbroken iPhone 4 and still have 50-100MB of RAM left for other things.

Thanks~!

-Q

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)