Am I the only one dying to play gta on their wp? :D

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok, the problem is not optimisation or performance, it's to do with the fact that 512mb phones are not getting games that are available in other platforms with WP. Even if the game is unoptimised, the fact it can be played is good enough for wp users who suffer from lack of games

Victor Rosa1

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
its not "a bit of lag" seriously it's straight unplayable!
Rockstar has said that they don't support the iphone4 which means that they didn't optimise for it all and that's why it doesn't work...

I'm sure they could optimize for the 520's dualcore but that's probably not worth it for them or something like that
Do you know that the xperia L has the same hardware as the lumia 520 and it plays perfectly gta san andreas, right? The difference being just that the xperia has 1gb of ram, but probably that can be solved by rockstar as the game actually plays on others smartphones with 512 ram too.That hardware is far from weak, the architecture is what matters, not only the clock... it's enough for most games.

jessenic

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S plays GTA San Andreas with no problem, it has a single core 1Ghz CPU and 350MB of RAM of which the OS uses 200+MB.

greedypnguin

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes but the problem with that is games like nova 3 will have to be optimized for 513mb devices, making them look horrible and way less features

greedypnguin

May 11, 2013
Visit site
A better option would be release 2 versions one optimized for lower end device, and one for higher end devices, price the worse one lower(Because, well its worse). The only problem with this is it is time and resource consuming and may not pay off in the end.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
A better option would be release 2 versions one optimized for lower end device, and one for higher end devices, price the worse one lower(Because, well its worse). The only problem with this is it is time and resource consuming and may not pay off in the end.

The majority of WP users have 512mb devices. I think it will pay off in the end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs