Help with picking a new Lumia please

Ma1dere

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Good day people.
Android user here. I'm fed up with terrible performance of my phone, frequent reboots and all this infamous things like that, so I decided to get a new phone and it's gonna be one of the Lumia's (I like iOS but realy realy dont like the iPhones). I dont play on my phone, besides calls I'm using it for searching some useful stuff in the web, social networks and taking pics (that's quite important).
For now I see 3 options:

Lumia 1020

Pros:
-Camera

Cons:
-Dated hardware - afaik it's not a huge problem now, but I want a phone that will last at least for 2 years and wont have any performance problems/limitations because it's SoC is weak.
-Battery life - it's a huge concern, on some local sites I've seen a lot of complaints that battery only lasts for like 8 hours and in service centers Nokia guys consider it to be normal. Maybe not all the handsets have this problem, but it's still worrisome.

Lumia 1520

Pros:
- Bigger and (probably) better screen.
- Battery
- Top-notch SoC

Cons:
- Too big
- Worse camera

So, there is an option number 3 - wait for an announcement of the new handsets. There was a rumor that one of those two will be a new 41mpix phone with better hardware (and I hope better battery). That will be a perfect one for me. Though it's not coming until May (or even summer) and wont have a "Nokia" logo what's pretty sad.

I will appreciate any help, thank you and sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
well the 1020 is the best camera-phone ever built. Battery life depends on the camera usage.. If you use the camera a lot (probably everyone will)
battery will be a problem. I recommend buying the camera grip accessory as it will improve the battery life a lot. And dont worry ,It will support future software. But not on every level
ex:- lumia 1520 has an additional column of tiles with the new update but 1020 cannot
whereas the lumia 1520 is the highest end windows phone now. And it has great specs . And it's camera is not bad. Its 20 mpix and that still is better than most smartphone cameras out there. And its screen is a lot better. It is the most future proof windows phone out there.

The camera and the price are the only things which 1020 is better at than the 1520.

waiting for a new announcement is not that smart because new hardware will release every now and then .And the "Nokia" logo will be there :) Don't worry....
after all it's your decision

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs