Cal Live Tile Problem

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I recently downloaded the new calendar app, Cal, that WPC recently reported on. It is the first third party calendar app that I prefer over the stock calendar. It's simplistic and has nice presentation that I prefer over the other third party calendar apps. There's just one problem - the live tile does not update the date automatically. I have to manually open the app and choose "sync manually" to get the date to change. I have the background task enabled.

Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe it's nothing that I can fix and I just have to wait for an update from the devs. Thanks!

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just fixed the bug. Going to submit an update tonight. Use a background color in the mean time ;).

Thanks so much! Also another small thing that I noticed - when I turned on my Facebook calendar all the birthdays lacked the 's at the end of the person's name. For example, if it's December 24th and Marc's birthday is today, Cal would say: "Marc birthday" instead of "Marc's birthday." I'm not sure if that's something that you can fix but it would be nice!

The reason I'd rather use the FB calendar for birthdays is because I can't find a way to turn off alarms for birthdays from my MS calendar (which takes the birthdays from FB anyways). The only way that works for me is completely turning off the birthday calendar but that also removes them from my calendar. I don't know if that makes sense haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05