Apple just won the phone wars - game set and match.

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Everyone will make up his own mind and choose an iPhone by 2015 because it will be like from the future dude.

I wouldn't have an iPhone if it was the only cell phone and you paid me to take it. I hate Apple (after 29 years of having tom deal with their products in an educational environment) and their ecosystem. I know I'm not alone, "dude"

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Different people have different wants and needs, and I certainly don't want, need or desire any of that jazz...

And for the M7 motion processor thing in this rumored smartwatch: I've heard that, on the iPhone 5S at least, Apple did a ****-poor job of calibrating all the different sensors (compass, gyroscope, accelerometer, etc.), so they gave whack readings. Not sure if that holds steadfast of later software updates and shipments of devices, but I do know that, at least initially, there were some major issues with the sensors. Crippling if you're trying to build a smart watch with the intention of using it as a fitness device.

Anyways, I don't see how Apple has "won" anything. If anything, with Nokia and Windows Phone finally getting on their feet and gaining prevalence, I'd say they've only just begun.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I surely want to know my heart rate at any given time... Especially when I fiddle around in iOS to get my SharePoint to properly integrate, work with office 365 and lets me work on a decent 6 inch screen on the go... Let me make a prediction... Not everyone prefers funky over practical and productive and the phone war is very far from over...

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
"So the iPhone basically wins because it has a 64-bit processor and the amazing M7, plus the built-in heart rate monitor" - OP

"huh?" - every average consumer

I'm sure we'll be fine (;

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Heart rate monitor had me LOL. And 64 bit processor which everyone else will have when its actually needed.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Apple Granted 23 Patents Today Including an Embedded Heart Rate Monitor that could be integrated into a future iWatch - Patently Apple

Already a 64-bit A7 processor with motion co-processor(now we know for hover touch and eye tracking). Embedded heart-rate monitor and improved Siri/Maps. It's game over folks. In 2015, anyone who has 2 bits to rub together is buying an iPhone 6.
People who buy iPhones don't have hearts anyway. They are made of stone. And go baaaa. Stone sheep.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
soooo tell me again how this is game over. how is having 64-bit processor and a heart rate monitor make my life simpler ? :straight:

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Some people just don't like to be like other people. To me it isn't about smart brains or choice. I like to be holding the device that stirs more conversation between people, I sure know my lumia does the job, you know, connecting people ;-)

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Some people just don't like to be like other people. To me it isn't about smart brains or choice. I like to be holding the device that stirs more conversation between people, I sure know my lumia does the job, you know, connecting people ;-)
This is actually the exact reason I bought the 920..

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Well Well,
It seems the Patent war will continue.. OP Forgot about the Patent Nokia Got in the Nokia-Patent-watch.jpg
So Definitely Nokia will start fight back soon :p

What about the patent 8615432 Doesnt it look like Windows Push Notification Services
hm hm, Be ready to see a fight/Joke :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte