WP8 app that sends SMS messages to old mobile phones, just using the web, (without SIM card)?

simplex1

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
WP8 app that sends SMS messages to old mobile phones, just using the web, (without SIM card)?

I have an WP8 Nokia Lumia 520 that does not have a SIM card, so I can use it just as a micro tablet.
I want to send, using a Wi-Fi internet connection, SMS messages to old mobile phones having phone numbers and SIM cards but no internet.

I have found a WP8 application called "TextMe" with which I can send SMS messages from my Nokia Lumia 520 (that does not have a SIM card and a phone number) to any mobile phone, new or old, having a phone number.

Question: Are you aware of a different WP8 application able to do same thing as TextMe?
I am looking for such an application and I can not find it. "TextMe" seems to be the only one able to send free SMS messages from the internet to any mobile phone in the world much like the site: Send Free SMS Worldwide but in a more convenient way.

Note: "TextMe" has a small drawback, it does nod display the number of remaining characters in an SMS message and for this reason it is quite hard to keep the text below 160 characters. I would prefer an app. able to display the number of remaining characters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster