Nokia Drops Here For iOS7 Citing Problems With The OS

Jessica Lares

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Heh. I don't even use it on my Nokia phone.

Most of us in my house, since we're all iOS users, have just gone back to going on Google Maps on our computers, and then printing out directions because the new app is difficult to use.

I just think that Nokia doesn't want to admit that the demand just wasn't there. And that's the hard thing about the iOS App Store. Every week, the top 200 apps list changes, every week, there's at least 5 new apps being showcased. Their app was probably in the list for less than two weeks, and then it got buried.

And because of that, they weren't willing to make the changes needed for the look and feel of iOS 7.

They're not the only ones though, a few other apps are being pulled too. For the same reasons.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Heh. I don't even use it on my Nokia phone.

Most of us in my house, since we're all iOS users, have just gone back to going on Google Maps on our computers, and then printing out directions because the new app is difficult to use.

I just think that Nokia doesn't want to admit that the demand just wasn't there. And that's the hard thing about the iOS App Store. Every week, the top 200 apps list changes, every week, there's at least 5 new apps being showcased. Their app was probably in the list for less than two weeks, and then it got buried.

And because of that, they weren't willing to make the changes needed for the look and feel of iOS 7.

They're not the only ones though, a few other apps are being pulled too. For the same reasons.

Uh Here+ maps are superior to Google maps and far better than the trash Apple put out. Even a monkey could figure out how to utilize them, that's how low the learning curve is.

IOS 7 looks like something designed by a kindegartner who went crazy with the crayons. Joni ive is losing it.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Nokia here maps are one of the best apps out there...its very easy and very accurate....I have been using it for years now on my symbian devices. ..and able to download offline maps wic are up to date is gr8. Wen ever I travel I download the country map and use it in offline mode. Good nokia pulled it y should ios people enjoy such a gr8 app...lol

Jessica Lares

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Uh Here+ maps are superior to Google maps and far better than the trash Apple put out. Even a monkey could figure out how to utilize them, that's how low the learning curve is.

Doesn't matter if it's superior. If you can't market right, you lose every time. In the US, we have so many different providers, there is hardly any room for another. There's Garmin. TomTom, Navigon, and MapQuest. Plus, there's a bunch of little apps like Waze that let you report traffic problems and accidents.

When you're comfortable with using one, you're not going to change to another. Hence, most of us have been using Google Maps since it launched in 2005/6, and before that MapQuest since the mid 90's.

The reason why Apple Maps is "trash" is because it takes from multiple sources. When it was powered by Google Maps, it was perfectly fine.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Google maps since it was first introduced on the browser. Switching to Here+ took zero effort. A person would have to be completely inept to not be able to use it right off the bat. All those competitors you listed are dying out.

Lastly, Nokia doesn't need to market the maps, they're a part of the WP ecosystem with MS taking over.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes