Lack Of Mid-Range Nokia Devices

KingyOwl

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 800 for almost two years now and I am coming towards the end of my contract. I have therefore been looking at available Windows Phone 8 devices for my next handset.
What I have noticed is a lack of mid-range devices in the UK. My girlfriend has the Lumia 820, but there hasn't been a successor to that handset (Lumia 825?).

Below are the current Windows Phone options in the UK and the reasons why they aren't for me:
  • Lumia 520 - RAM too low (512MB).
  • Lumia 625 - RAM too low (512MB).
  • Lumia 925 - Storage space too low (16GB), price still too high.
  • Lumia 1020 - Price too high.
  • Lumia 1520 - I'm not interested in a phablet right now and price is too high.

I believe a replacement for the Lumia 820 would be ideal for me, has anyone seen any rumours or have any knowledge of future mid-range Nokia devices and when they might be available?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
There really hasn't. Hoping something leaks out about what is coming with WP8.1, but those handsets are most likely months away. (May-June timeframe?? Best guess.)

Hang tough for a little bit. Something HAS to leak soon. No way Nokia, despite the pending MS purchase, doesn't have more devices coming out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon