Words with Friends

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So, my mom might be getting a Windows Phone as her next device (with some pushing by me). She plays Words with Friends a lot with family members. Is the WP app really bad? The reviews are pretty abysmal. I'd hate for her to not have that app.

Does anyone know anything about it or possible development?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So, my mom might be getting a Windows Phone as her next device (with some pushing by me). She plays Words with Friends a lot with family members. Is the WP app really bad? The reviews are pretty abysmal. I'd hate for her to not have that app.

Does anyone know anything about it or possible development?

I wouldn't get a Windows Phone if Words With Friends is what she enjoys playing. I bought it when it dropped, figuring the experience would be better minus the ads. WWF crashes constantly and won't even load. I thought I had an android phone the way this app crashes. That doesn't mean should shouldn't get a Windows phone but not for this garbage. Zynga has the worse developers on this platform I have ever seen.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's slow. Very slow. And it crashes quite a lot. I find if you uninstall it and reinstall it it works a lot better...for a while. Then it starts crashing again. So reinstall again.

crea7or

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Whatever, I prefer Wordament. Much more fun and you shouldn't wait for someone. Wordament works very well at Windows phone, Android and iOS.

HeavyHanded

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I've tweeted the official Words with Friends account about the issues on WP8, but got no reply. They have no interest in developing the app or any more apps for WP8 or Windows 8. The app doesn't even support predictive text (auto correct). The CEO Dan Mattrick was XBox lead and was fired. I'm sure he has a big chip on his shoulder so please just petition Microsoft to port Alpha Jax to iOS and Android.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I used to love WWF, but it's got to the point of unplayable so I moved over to Angry Words(or Aworded on iOS and Android) and haven't looked back.
Zynga, as you said, seem to have no interest in WP8 support for probably the best example of this type of game.
If the CEO is an ex MS employee with a grudge, then we don't stand a chance of seeing any improvement on this game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills