Official Facebook app or Facebook BETA?

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
With this recent Facebook v.5 update I am hearing alot of positive reviews. I currently have FB BETA and happy with it. But I was wondering what WP users think. Which is better and worth having at the moment?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I think the official has moved beyond the beta App version, hasn't it? Or did the beta update recently? I deleted the beta because of that.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I still don't get why they decided to make a BETA and an "official un-official" app. Why not just close the half *** FB app and stick with the BETA and make it official?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the Beta app, usually it gets bug fixes faster and I haven't noticed any pressing issues/bugs that aren't also in the stable app......

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
On Facebook Beta, I get error of notifications and asks me if I want to send a log. I have since revert to the stable which has no such issues.

I'm sure fb beta will be updated in the days to come. Then, I'll revert back to beta.

Sent from my RM-875_apac_sea_220 using Tapatalk

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
With this recent Facebook v.5 update I am hearing alot of positive reviews. I currently have FB BETA and happy with it. But I was wondering what WP users think. Which is better and worth having at the moment?

We never use beta apps for numerous reasons, one being we want to deal with a finished product and another being we don't like being unpaid guinea pigs...but that's just us. I have yet to hear of any real advantage to being a beta tester on anything other than bragging rights :).

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I still don't get why they decided to make a BETA and an "official un-official" app. Why not just close the half *** FB app and stick with the BETA and make it official?

Because with beta software there are often bugs that haven't yet been worked out. Those of us who are using the beta are actually testing for facebook, and when they get the reported errors, they fix them, and put the fixes into the non-beta app. We get to use features ahead of the curve at the price of the risk of errors. For people who are willing to deal with an error now and then, this is a good deal. Some people never want to deal with an error, so they shouldn't use beta software.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Because with beta software there are often bugs that haven't yet been worked out. Those of us who are using the beta are actually testing for facebook, and when they get the reported errors, they fix them, and put the fixes into the non-beta app. We get to use features ahead of the curve at the price of the risk of errors. For people who are willing to deal with an error now and then, this is a good deal. Some people never want to deal with an error, so they shouldn't use beta software.

Do you think in the long run they will discontinue with the BETA and just stay with the "official" FB app?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Do you think in the long run they will discontinue with the BETA and just stay with the "official" FB app?

Anything is possible, but as Xandros said, I think that as long as they're actively developing (and how long has it been since facebook changed something? What time is it?), they'll probably keep the beta up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa