Microsoft account Gift Card Question

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello! I got a $20 app store gift card when I got my 1520, and I'm now down to $1.30. I want to buy an app that is priced at $1.99, but instead of using the 1.30 to pay for some of it, I simply can't use that money towards purchasing the app. Does anyone know a way around this? Can I add money to this "microsoft account" amount?

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to use your MS gift card and pay the balance with a separate payment method. I've done this myself in the past. Not sure why it won't let you. Also, the only way to add more funds to that payment method is to obtain another Windows Store Gift Card.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue and I just ended up buying a code for $5 worth of Microsoft account credit from Amazon and adding it to my account. I still find it strange I can't use up the remaining balance and then pay whatever is left over.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
They have the ability to handle split payments on the back-end. I don't know of an ETA for a usability fix to enable it on the phones, but Xbox can already handle it.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I thought so too, but I've been using carrier billing for recent stuff...so wasn't 100% sure.

Yeah, I use the MS Account payment all the time, because I frequently get the $3 (used to be $5 :cry:) credits from Bing Rewards and because of the even dollar amount, I'm always left with pennies that I end up putting towards a partial payment of the next app I get.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes