When will there be an update to Instagram?

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
So we got an official Instagram app; awesome. But where are the updates? We are still in Beta and they haven't added any features.

My fear is MS paid for them to make an Instagram Beta app with the agreement that further development would come when a certain level of WP user base started using the app. I am just speculating what the deal might have been.

Has anyone heard anything? Are going to get a full featured app soon?

killakiloz

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering this myself, and a quick Bing search turned up no info. And honestly, I used it for 2 weeks and went back to 6snap. Such a better app.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Instagram has yet to add a link to the Windows Phone store on their website. Maybe that will show up whenever we finally break out of beta.

Sad that Instagram can't update and complete the app, when Rudy cranks out tweaks and updates for 6tag all the time. They should have just hired him to be their official WP guy, but probably don't want to shame their in-house developers, because 6tag is better than any of their official apps for iOS and Android. :p

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Instagram has yet to add a link to the Windows Phone store on their website. Maybe that will show up whenever we finally break out of beta.

Sad that Instagram can't update and complete the app, when Rudy cranks out tweaks and updates for 6tag all the time. They should have just hired him to be their official WP guy, but probably don't want to shame their in-house developers, because 6tag is better than any of their official apps for iOS and Android. :p

I think that is part of my fear; Rudy is so good that most of us still use his app. If WP users never start using the official then will they pull it for lack of interest? Just a thought; not sure how they are gauging the success of the app. I just want to make sure that Instagram stays on WP.

ricbon

May 5, 2012
Visit site
The problem is more then instagram not bring updated look at IMDB its going almost into 2 years MS needs enforce some type of update policy for timely updates

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If they pulled their app with no solid grounds, it will not look pretty on their part - it will not sit well with Microsoft or Nokia as it is a key app (let alone us WP users). Certainly they can't pull it "due to lack of interest", people have been clamouring for an official app for a long time. Plus Nokia brought them to the fold, as I highly doubt they (instagram) decided to make the app because they wanted to.

So as it always has been to date,
WP wont get the resources from these companies unless it has the market share, which they deem as appropriate / the right time to put in resources. However its not like instagram doesn't have the resources....

Lancergb

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
a lot of people still vote 5 star on the app evaluation in the store, everybody should vote 1 star until their complete the app..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss