Samsung SM-W750V (1080p display) Will it be similar to the S4 or S5?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking more like the S4, but thinking that WP8.1 is going to be huge, I think it will be more similar to the S5. They won't want to make it as good as the S5, of course, but I think it will be closer to the S5 than the S4.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking more like the S4, but thinking that WP8.1 is going to be huge, I think it will be more similar to the S5. They won't want to make it as good as the S5, of course, but I think it will be closer to the S5 than the S4.

That's what I'm thinking as well, I would imagine it will look like the Note 2 or maybe even 3 though due to the size of the screen and going on the fact that the ATIV S looks like a Note 2 Mini.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking as well, I would imagine it will look like the Note 2 or maybe even 3 though due to the size of the screen and going on the fact that the ATIV S looks like a Note 2 Mini.

Well the S4 is a 5 inch screen, and even that line gets bigger each generation, so I can see it go to 5.3 inches.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Sorry but I have come to expect nothing exciting from Samsung for Windows Phone. I would bet on a device closer to the Note 3 specs coming out after the first Androids sporting the 808 processer hit the stores.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I think just from the timing of the S5 announcement (earlier then usual), the timing of WP 8.1 (March??), and the rumor just now kicking up it's heels I am thinking it will most likely be a toned down GS5. I agree with unstoppablekem that it will not be spec-for-spec top end, but I bet screen tech, screen size, and quad core processor wise it will be in the neighborhood.

Throw in Tizen being delayed, and MS desperate to keep Samsung in as a WP producer, and I could see this being Samsung's attempt to truly test the waters if they could make some coin off of WP's growing marketshare with Nokia becoming a part of MS now. It could truly be a monster of an effort from them.

I, being a fan of the Focus S, also want to give Sammy the benefit of the doubt.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I think just from the timing of the S5 announcement (earlier then usual), the timing of WP 8.1 (March??), and the rumor just now kicking up it's heels I am thinking it will most likely be a toned down GS5. I agree with unstoppablekem that it will not be spec-for-spec top end, but I bet screen tech, screen size, and quad core processor wise it will be in the neighborhood.

Throw in Tizen being delayed, and MS desperate to keep Samsung in as a WP producer, and I could see this being Samsung's attempt to truly test the waters if they could make some coin off of WP's growing marketshare with Nokia becoming a part of MS now. It could truly be a monster of an effort from them.

I, being a fan of the Focus S, also want to give Sammy the benefit of the doubt.

Agreed. I think This gives OEMs an opportunity to get market share in the WP market

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720