A good Car Locator application?

simplex1

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for a good Car Finder WP8 application that can display my position and the location of the car on a preloaded HERE map.
Can you suggest one?

simplex1

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I installed it. I will test it thoroughly in the next days.

I have discovered that Cloud Park is most of the time useless as long as it requires an internet connection. It does not work with a preloaded HERE map.

"Warning
Internet connection is not available. Please check your connection settings"

This is the message I get each time I want to use Cloud Park while Wi-Fi is off.

Last edited:

simplex1

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
After more tests with Cloud Park I can say it definitely works without a Wi-Fi connection. Unfortunately it displays warnings and makes the phone to vibrate, this is a set of distractions which misleads the user and make him to believe a Wi-Fi connection is a must.

I also tested, as suggested, Where's My Car. It works well also the map displayed is small, half the size of the screen. A little problem with this application is that it shows all the time a Warning: "Unable to contact the server. Please try again later" which stays above the middle of the map if Wi-Fi is off. Anyway the message is just slightly visible so it is not annoying.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Really stupid question for you Here Drive+ folks. How do you set my current location for my car's location??? I tap Find my car and it points me to a location 9 miles away. I'm lost. :wink: Thanks all!

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Really stupid question for you Here Drive+ folks. How do you set my current location for my car's location??? I tap Find my car and it points me to a location 9 miles away. I'm lost. :wink: Thanks all!

When you navigate to a adress and close of Here Drive that location is saved, when you tap find my car it will give directions to that last saved position.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I wondered this too and here is the answer

To get started with Find my car, you’ll need to navigate using HERE Drive. Find my car logs the location where you stop moving and finish using navigation, and the next time you tap the Find my car button, it’ll offer directions to get you back there again. Simple

Not sure what happens if you then use Here Drive to walk somewhere in a strange city?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos