Problem with the CNN app

agustin13

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, this morning my CNN app stop working. If I tap on one of the news it's close the app immediately, but if I go, for example, to Sections and tap in an old news it's works fine.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the problem still appears. I use a Nokia Lumia 820.

Thanks.

Update - 10:34
If I open a news without video (only pictures and texts) works fine. The videos section works good, I can open videos without problem.

Last edited:

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, this morning my CNN app stop working. If I tap on one of the news it's close the app immediately, but if I go, for example, to Sections and tap in an old news it's works fine.

I uninsulated and reinstalled the app and the problem still appears. I use a Nokia Lumia 820.

Thanks.

Update - 10:34
If I open a news without video (only pictures and texts) works fine. The videos section works good, I can open videos without problem.

Try uninstall, restart device, clear temp files/other (if you have gdr3+black) , reinstall.

agustin13

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Well, apparently it?s a CNN problem. Everybody is commenting about it on the Windows Phone Store

CNN | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I uninstalled the app, restarted my phone and then installed the app again and still have the same problem. I sent an email to the CNN Windows app team support and they asked for my Windows OS version and the app version, but they had not say anything back yet.

Mike Ferdinando

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
The app stopped working around 1/10/2014, as described by previous poster. I've sent in three reports to CNN tech support, all responded with a boilerplate generic reply, and a notice that they would be looking into the problem.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they have abandoned the Win Phone 8 platform, like so many other app developers.

I love Win Phone, but lack of app support is getting very troublesome.

Daniel Ferrara

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I seem to remember that there were two versions of the app. One branded by CNN and one branded by Nokia. This is similar to The Weather Channel app that has a Nokia and non-Nokia version. However, I can no longer find the Nokia branded CNN app in the store anymore. I was going to try to install that one instead. I sent a message to tech support too and they did respond that they are looking into the problem. I agree with you that I hope they are not abandoning WP!!

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
It has been fixed now. I installed the latest version released on 2/7/2014 and its working perfect now. Thanks to CNN that they took user feedback into consideration and got the bug fixed not leaving the app abandoned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss