the dead Goldfinger/Mclaren

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
McLaren is no more. Nothing to see here

it has been long since we last heard any news about the 8.1 flagship. Let's do something about it.
Share what you guys know about this flagship and also share your wishes for this phone.

What i know: It may include a 3d touch system.

update:
Hey guys.... Daniel Rubino Just gave out a Whole Bunch of Goldfinger news...... This time it is codenamed Mclaren instead of Goldfinger (carrier variant)... And it features the 3d touch system And it has some pretty neat software features to compliment the awesome hardware... And it is going to release on ATT Verizon and T-Mobile.
And the best part, It is gonna release this year.... :)

update 2:
New leaks from verge suggests that the 3d touch extends even to the sides of the phone.... means you can grip the phone to power it up..

Verge also suggests that the Gold Finger and Mclaren are different devices ... With the goldfinger being only an engineering device to prepare the developers for Mclaren

update 3:
The leak from neowin also leaked some of the specs of the McLaren..

5.2 inch full HD screen
20 megapixel camera 📷

Last edited:

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: nokia Goldfinger

What i know: It may include a 3d touch system.
Without being rude - you don't "know" this... you have qualified it with 'may'.... It may have a 3d touch system... it may not.
it may have a built in coffee machine, it may not! :D

This will just serve for another speculation and wishlist thread (imo)... sorry!

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

I'd rather the code name be "GoldenEye". Maybe the next generation pureview device can be "GoldenEye".

Not that the code names matter for retail. :p

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

"with all due respect" there is no sign whatsoever of the next windows phones to have this... especially given that 'leak' is now 3 months old...:eck:

vukmania

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I am convinced that Nokia will use the Swedish biometric company Fingerprint Cards sensor in the goldfinger. Because, who else could be "One of the most successful tier 1-producers of smartphone, with scheduled release summer of 2014." than Nokia?

Source: https://www.avanza.se/placera/press...eppsmobil-fran-global-tier-1-tillverkare.html
(Use Bing/Google translate)

If this isn't convincing enough, Fingerprint Cards are good friends with Microsoft. From what I have heard they will appear together in the RSAConference

Last edited:

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Im holding out for goldfinger. I am in the UK with a 920. My contract is up in October, hopefully, just in time for the new models.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

I am convinced that Nokia will use the Swedish biometric company Fingerprint Cards sensor in the goldfinger. Because, who else could be "One of the most successful tier 1-producers of smartphone, with scheduled release summer of 2014." than Nokia?

Source: https://www.avanza.se/placera/press...eppsmobil-fran-global-tier-1-tillverkare.html
(Use Bing/Google translate)

If this isn't convincing enough, Fingerprint Cards are good friends with Microsoft. From what I have heard they will appear together in the RSAConference

This would make sense. It would also complete the triangle with Apple's fingerprint sensor and Samsung's S5 fingerprint scanner. "Goldfinger" and Windows 8.1 support and a launch by successful tier 1 smartphone company this summer connects the dots well! Even so, I have to treat it as a rumor not to get TOO excited with.

As there were rumors that Nokia had dibs on waterproof phones that went another way:)

​Here is to hope! My contract was up in March, I hope I can finally make ISIS payments with a finger swipe this summer with my Lumia replacement to my 920!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)