Beats music on wp8

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
yea It seems pretty good.
performance can be increased but it is not really laggy.
beautiful interface.
great audio quality with most at 320kbps unlike spotify.
I'm liking this.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
So this is basically curated playlists and you can download certain songs within the playlist if you wish? Is there a way to simply search and download specific songs?

Also, i went ahead and attempted to setup my AT&T 3 month free, entered the code ATT SMS'd me. Still shows 7 day trial within the App. Im wondering if it should show 3 month trial/free or it simply isn't going to bill me until April.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
So this is basically curated playlists and you can download certain songs within the playlist if you wish? Is there a way to simply search and download specific songs?

I found it! Almost didn't think there was a search. Click the tribar or 3 bar on the top left. A search bar should appear at the top for searching for artists.
I'm enjoying the app more and more I use it. Finding out new things about it. A little laggy but not unusable. I was thinking about passing on it if it didn't have search capabilities. But I'm glad it does.

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I have been using spotify for 2-3 years, deezer for some months, rdio and also xbox music. I downloaded Beats today and I got to say, wow!
Spotify is great, but for windows phone, the app is horrible.
Deezer, the app looked great and worked, but had it's ups and downs.
Rdio, the whole service was not good at all.
Xbox music is good, but the app doesn't look good. They should've used the same UI like the one they used on iphone and android.

But yeah, Beats Music was just awesome. It got that radio thing with the sentences, love that part. "I'm in the car & feel like playing with fire with no pants on to oldies" haha, so much fun.
And it got everything I love from all of the other music services. Just the thing that you can add your own cover art, makes the whole experience better. The price wasn't too bad neither.

I also had difficulties finding the search bar haha

The only con is that it's very slow and sometimes very laggy too. But I guess with an update that will be fixed.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
After using this app all day today this is miles ahead of Xbox music on windows phone better social features following artists and fellow listeners, better playlists, better interface. Hell I cant even get my 928 to recognize my Xbox music pass that I have a one year subscription for Xbox music needs to take notes on this app

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
The music selection on this app is nothing compared to Nokia Mix Radio. Nokia Mix Radio has almost everything I can think of, and is more helpful to me to listening to specific genres of music that I like. I feel like Beats Music caters specifically to people that like pop music. And at least Nokia Mix Radio you can still have your own collection separated on the app and is more intuitive for browsing your own music collection.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
The music selection on this app is nothing compared to Nokia Mix Radio. Nokia Mix Radio has almost everything I can think of, and is more helpful to me to listening to specific genres of music that I like. I feel like Beats Music caters specifically to people that like pop music. And at least Nokia Mix Radio you can still have your own collection separated on the app and is more intuitive for browsing your own music collection.

I need to try out Nokia Mix but you can't make your own playlists with that can you? Its more like pandora right? Even with the premium account? I don't wanna have to skip songs all the time, but if Nokia lets me make playlists I will try it, still will anyways, but hell 3 months free on ATT is great deal! I noticed some song quality isn't as good as spotify, and yes I put all setting on high, but hopefully this will be fixed. Otherwise, its a good start!!!! Much better than Xbox music!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Damn, I thought Nokia Mix Radio was terrible, for my tastes. Sound quality was poor compared to Spotify, Xbox Music and Beats as well.

After a few days with Beats, its not bad. While the UI is beautiful, it may be the most unintuitive UI I've ever seen... Come on. Learn a thing or two from Slacker if your gonna have so many variations of 1 genre. Sound quality is very solid. Once i find a mix i like, it usually has alot of songs I like.

I did finally find how to search and download music. Again, just unintuitive.

I find it pauses in the background, often. Spotify dies as well, but so far it happens more on Beats.

It doesn't appear my free 3 months via AT&T is being added to my account, so we'll see...

I plan on hopping back to that $99 Xbox Music subscription plus free 521/520 anyways.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon